Quality Assurance Technician
Company: RED MONKEY FOODS
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Shift: 3:30am - 2:00pm Monday - Thursday Position Profile: Responsible for performing Quality Assurance tasks and duties in a food manufacturing environment to ensure compliance and execution of the Quality Assurance Program for Red Monkey Foods. Inspects food manufacturing areas and equipment and performs various Quality Assurance testing procedures on ingredients, finished goods, and equipment. Verifies product documentation is accurate and complete before product is released. Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Safety. Works in a safe manner. Complies with safe work practices at all times. Reports unsafe conditions or situation to supervisor or management.
- Inspects Product, Production Equipment, and Facilities. Performs regular inspections on product, equipment and manufacturing areas to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Quality standards.
- Completes daily pest audits.
- Ensures compliance with SOPs, sSops, GMPs and other required regulatory processes
- Communicates any food safety or food quality issues to Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Verifies all components for manufacturing are staged properly.
- Ensures compliance with SOPs, sSops, GMPs and other required regulatory processes.
- Performs QA testing procedures. Uses accepted procedures and processes to test product, equipment, and facilities to ensure quality standards are met.
- Performs environmental swabbing and sanitation effectiveness testing.
- Addresses all issues with bottle breaks, foreign objects, and sanitation.
- Completes regular quality checks, including metal detector testing.
- Verifies product documentation. Inspects and reviews production, ingredient and finished good documentation to ensure compliance with Red Monkey Foods quality standards.
- Reviews batch tickets to verify accuracy and completeness. Verifies Bill of Materials against Batch Tickets. Conducts Finished Goods reviews, visual releases and approvals. Releases production batches from production.
- Reviews raw material and finished good labels for accuracy.
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Actively engages in team meetings, and provides timely feedback to team regarding work topics. Understands organizational mesh points and potential synergies. Integrates team efforts across work team. Understands available resources, and utilizes those resources when appropriate. Works with shift supervisors and Quality Assurance team to meet training objectives for GMPs and Food Quality procedures.
- Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and respect. Models behavior that is consistent with Red Monkey Foods' Values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines.
- Communication. Effectively communicates with team members. Demonstrates sound oral and written communication skills. Communicates effectively and professionally to both internal and external parties. Executes effective customer communication and relationship building techniques. Communicates any food safety or food quality issues to Quality Supervisor Incumbent Profile: Education and Experience Required
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, prefer bachelor's degree in technical or scientific field
- 2 years of documented work experience or equivalent educational experience required.
- Prefer food manufacturing experience Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Basic understanding of laboratory processes and procedures
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational and planning skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively influence others to work collaboratively to achieve common goals Employees of Red Monkey Foods enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay which include a quarterly performance bonus
- 4-day work week (10 hours shifts Monday through Thursday)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Aflac)
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match Red Monkey Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: RED MONKEY FOODS, Springfield , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!