Business Systems Analyst II
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 24, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
The Operations division is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
to join our Insurance Product team. This role will contribute to a
team which is working to evolve our annuity trading systems. The
position has a broad scope of responsibility and requires
interpretation of user feedback, an understanding of one or more
complex systems as well as other complex information to make
subjective decisions that have substantial risk and/or legal,
regulatory or financial implications.
*Depending on experience/qualifications, this role may be filled as
a Business Analyst I, II, OR III*
What You'll Do:
- Liaison between Technology and other divisional stakeholders to
maintain, enhance or integrate firm systems and data by proactively
identifying enterprise technology opportunities or serving on a
formal project team in support of new systems and data.
- Supports multiple highly complex business processes and serves
as a functional leader.
- Create, maintain and review business process models, data
flows, prototypes, business requirements, use cases and test
- Create and execute multiple project plans at the same time of
- Execute and present written and verbal business systems impact
analysis resulting in identification of systematic solution with
- Generate communication, process and educational plans to
mitigate the disruption of change.
- Understanding of enterprise systems and impacts of change.
- Responsible for business systems case development and
presentation for new systems and data.
- Assist in enforcement of Business Systems Analyst principles
and practices within the team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the teamWhat Experience You
- SIE and Series 99 required within 120 days of start date (US);
Series 7 required within 12 months of start date (US).
- Bachelor's degree is required with emphasis in Computer Science
or MIS strongly preferred (or relevant work experience).
- Advanced knowledge of standard Business System Analyst
principles and practices.
- 2-5 years experience designing and implementing functional
systems and data in a structured process.
- Ability to research data definition, usage and flow to gain
expertise in existing systems.
- Ability to create new business processes and data usage to
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks /
projects with minimal assistance.
- Expert relationship management, interpersonal and negotiation
- Expert troubleshooting skills to investigate resolve and
escalate problems. Identifies need for technical assistance to help
in problem resolution.
- Associate must have the ability to work independently and in a
- Lead other associates or project entities without
- Ability to effectively communicate with enterprise leaders
using verbal, written and presentations skills.
- Ability to summarize highly complex business cases, system
information and concepts and clearly communicate to firm
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to provide working
system prototypes and scenario modeling.
- Expert to learn evolving firm reporting technology platforms
(Tableau, BI tools)
- Proficient understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Ability to create project plans or execute pre-existing
plans.What Could Set You Apart:
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Experience working with Insurance carriers and platforms
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $66379 - $109459
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Springfield , Business Systems Analyst II, Professions , Highlandville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!