Material Handler - Springfield
Posted on: January 16, 2022
COOK NEEDED URGENTLY
The Prep Cook under the direction of the FANS Management team
performs routine daily tasks related to food preparation needs of
the Nutritional Service Department, ensuring a clean and sanitized
work area. Provides the highest level of customer service at all
- Prepares all required "cold" items consistently following
without exception all standardized recipes and portion control for
both inpatient and retail areas.
- Assists with catering function set-ups as needed.
- Fills in for cafeteria works as needed in their absence.
- Works as a good steward of the department resources; using and
making sure that all portion control and serving guidelines are
- Communicates accurate information regarding all food service
areas to Operation Manager. Maintains confidentiality of
information contained in the department and in the organization as
it relates to Standards of Behavior and HIPAA compliance.
- Assist with food and equipment temperature logs.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of PPE with a thorough
understanding of procedures to minimize exposure. Consistently uses
proper hand washing procedures.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the trash
disposal process and system.
- Ensures that proper sanitation is maintained in all areas of
- Helps maintain department facilities, equipment, supplies and
materials in a manner which promotes efficiency and safety.
- Effectively uses Ecellent Customer Service model with all
internal and external customers.
- Consistently produces a good quality product utilizing
creativity and knowledge to produce food items that are
aesthetically pleasing and tasteful.
- Cleans work areas on own initiative, continually maintains a
neat and sanitary work area.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Not applicable
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
- One year of experience in healthcare food and nutrition
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work
structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity;
sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing
stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under
- Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely
with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients
and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation
for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing
human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read
- Age legend does not apply. This position does not have
responsibility for the assessment, treatment and care of
- Responsibility for the safety of others: Position requires that
the employee be on constant alert for possible hazards that may
create unsafe conditions in the hospital. Possible hazards that
should be watched for include, but are not limited to: faulty
equipment or machinery; spills on floors, etc. Such conditions must
be immediately reported to the employee's supervisor or the Plant
- Responsibility for physical assets: The employee will be
responsible for the equipment and supplies that are issued to
perform job functions during his/her shift. Employees are
responsible for tagging and depositing with the Security Department
personal property found during their duties.
The individual spends 75 % or more of their time inside. Frequent
variation in temperatures may occur as individual collects frozen
and refrigerated food items from the walk-in freezer/refrigerator
and extremes of heat from ovens. Moderate intermittent noise from
kitchen equipment. The potential for exposure to blood-borne
pathogens, bodily fluids, or other potentially-infectious materials
is minimal to none.
This position is responsible for all cold food items prepared for
inpatient and retails services. Portions and prepares cold food
items such as salads, cold appetizers, desserts, sandwiches, salad
dressings, and cold banquet platters as well as working with the
line cook to help prep food orders.
This position is primarily medium work in nature. The maximum
amount of lifting is fifty (50) pounds, with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The position
requires constant standing and walking. Must meet the hospital's
established health requirements. Requires the ability to exchange
ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
Moderate, must be able to follow instructions and verbalize
understanding of tasks.
This position involves minimal exposure to infectious waste, that
mandates the wearing of gloves. Protective clothing and equipment
include rubber soled shoes, oven mitts, aprons, hair covering,
steel slicing gloves, safety belts and freezer jacket
Keywords: CorTech, Springfield , Material Handler - Springfield, Professions , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!