Quality Assurance Technician I
Company: Red Monkey Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position Profile:Responsible for performing Quality Assurance
tasks and duties in a food manufacturing environment to ensure
compliance and execution of the Quality Assurance Program for Red
Monkey Foods. Inspects food manufacturing areas and equipment,
completes associated documentation, and performs various Quality
Assurance checks on finished goods and equipment. Verifies finished
goods documentation is accurate and completed before released.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
Safety. Works in a safe manner. Complies with safe work practices
at all times. Reports unsafe conditions or situation to supervisor
Production, Equipment, and Facilities Task. Performs regular
inspections on product, equipment, and manufacturing areas to
ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety
and Food Quality standards.
- Performs Pre-Op/Post-Op Inspections and Release of production
- Ensures compliance with SOPs, sSops, GMPs and other required
- Recognize and take action for any non-conformances/deviations
found during production or process inspection
- Communicates any food safety or food quality issues to Quality
- Verifies all components for manufacturing are staged properly.
Quality Assurance Task. Uses accepted procedures and processes to
test product, equipment, and facilities to ensure quality standards
- Performs ATP/allergen/sanitation effectiveness swabbing and
assists in environmental swabbing as needed.
- Performs Aerobic Plate count testing, interpretation, and
logging for Sanitation Effectiveness
- Identifies and addresses all issues with bottle breaks, foreign
objects, and Sanitation
- Perform regular Food Quality and Food Safety Checks, including
metal detector and scale checks
- Performs additional Quality checks as required per SOPs.
- Manage and maintain finished goods sample retains
- Produce and maintain reports, such as the End of Shift
- Participates in Disposition process on raw materials and
finished goods and associated documentation
- Performs inspections and create rework documentation as needed
for Food Safety or Food Quality
- Back-up Quality Assurance Raw Materials Technicians in raw
material sampling and incoming materials/trucks, as needed
- All other tasks as business needs dictate
Verifies product documentation. Inspects and reviews production
documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory and Red Monkey
Foods quality standards.
- Reviews batch tickets to verify accuracy and completeness.
Verifies Bill of Materials against Batch Tickets.
- Conducts Finished Goods reviews, visual releases, and
- Releases production batches from quarantine.
- Create Certificates of Analysis per customer requirements and
Teamwork and Collaboration. Actively engages in team meetings, and
provides timely feedback to team regarding work topics. Understands
organizational mesh points and potential synergies. Integrates team
efforts across work team. Understands available resources, and
utilizes those resources when appropriate. Works with shift
supervisors and Quality Assurance team to meet training objectives
for GMPs and Food Safety and Food Quality procedures.
Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and
respect. Models behavior that is consistent with Red Monkey Foods'
Values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines.
Communication. Effectively communicates with team members.
Demonstrates sound oral and written communication skills.
Communicates effectively and professionally to both internal and
external parties. Executes effective customer communication and
relationship building techniques. Communicates any food safety or
food quality issues to Quality Supervisor
Education and Experience Required
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, prefer bachelor's
degree in technical or scientific field
- 2 years of documented work experience or equivalent educational
- Prefer food manufacturing experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Basic understanding of laboratory processes and procedures
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational and planning skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively influence others to work collaboratively
to achieve common goals
- Must be required to see all colors on the visible
- Able to lift 50 pounds, sometimes overhead.
3rd Shift Sunday Thru Thursday 10 pm to 6:30 am
Keywords: Red Monkey Foods, Springfield , Quality Assurance Technician I, Professions , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!