Network Operations Supervisor
Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: September 4, 2020
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor is a leadership
position overseeing all duties and responsibilities of the NOC
Analysts. This position works closely with other teams in
Information Technology (IT) Security Operations, Infrastructure, IT
Support, and IT Operations to provide superior reporting,
monitoring, triage, communication, and escalation for IT business
systems/services. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the supervision, staffing, discipline,
evaluation, and goal setting for the NOC team.
- Supervise and direct the NOC staff on the day-to-day operations
of prioritization, triage, communication, and escalation of
business critical systems/services.
- Directly assist in assessing, developing, and maturing the
capabilities of the NOC staff, which includes the maturation of
people, processes, and technology.
- Lead role in developing and creating processes with other IT
Operations process owners to enhance visibility and
cross-communication, and establish escalation/notification
standards for critical business system/service incidents to ensure
operational stability and adherence to IT cross-functional lines of
effort and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide guidance and leadership on the strategies, processes
and technologies of current NOC resources while also assisting in
forecasting the current and future budgetary needs.
- Supervise and execute root cause and problem analysis with NOC
staff and IT teams across all business critical
- Lead the NOC staff in timely and accurate reporting, and
delivering metrics on performance, output, outcomes, and
- Assist in the development and execution of training programs
for new and existing NOC Analysts, as well as contributing to the
hiring of new staff.
- Assist Management and Engineering efforts with the development
and/or revision of NOC processes, protocols, and systems.
- Support multiple technical teams in a 24 x 7 operational
environment with high uptime requirements.
- Varied shift schedules will include day, evening, and weekend
- Perform other related duties as required. Other Job
- Foster a cooperative and engaging work environment, focusing on
teamwork and collaboration.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of systems
functionality, maintenance, and recovery. Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information
Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years' of experience in systems administration and/or
information technology administration, with previous
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
certification with a firm understanding of IT Service Management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Leadership experience managing cross-functional teams and
influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent performance leadership experience, mentorship, and
the ability to provide growth opportunities for staff members.
- Expert knowledge of established systems infrastructure and
system/application logging related to their position and technology
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot systems changes and
modifications on diverse platforms.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the administration
of systems and/or systems modifications. DESIRED:
- Master's degree in an information systems or computer science
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert certification.
- Education in Project Management and Leadership.
- Previous system administration, service desk or NOC leadership
experience in retail industry strongly preferred.
- Experience leading, supporting, and monitoring network systems,
servers or storage in an enterprise environment.
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Network Operations Supervisor, Professions , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!