Export Logistics Coordinator (spanish required)
Company: Dairy Farmers of America
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Export Logistics Coordinator coordinates all international
customer orders from order placement to completion acting as the
primary interface or liaison with all internal and external parties
to ensure order accuracy as well as a smooth and complete
transaction to our customer. Manages customer accounts in relation
to export order management activities, general requests, problem
solving and communication while maintaining DairiConcepts high
standards of compliance and customer service. Administers the
movement of export orders across international borders in
accordance with organizational policies and in compliance with
relevant local, country and international customs laws and
processes. Prepare, review and maintain files for export
documentation then facilitating internal and external communication
in a timely manner. This ensures that good customer relations are
maintained and customer claims and complaints are resolved fairly,
effectively and in accordance with consumer laws which is done by
analyzing each situation as needed and taking appropriate action to
meet customer needs by determining the best method to resolve
problems and ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to the
organizations policies. Serve as a resource and export liaison for
customers and internal business groups such as sales, distribution,
credit, accounting, manufacturing in compliance; educating on
appropriate export practices. Gain knowledge and expertise with
each customer's requirements and implement change to streamline the
processes as needed.
* Proactively manages all aspects of exporting to international
accounts in designated countries not limited to order placement
activities, general requests, problem solving, communication,
inventory management and coordinating logistics with minimal errors
while maintaining DairiConcepts high standards of compliance and
* Prioritize workloads and adjust shipments or delivery timelines
to meet customer requests or internal inventory capabilities.
* Executes required export documentation per country for multiple
accounts in various stages of completion in a highly time sensitive
environment. This includes filing for electronic export
information, supplying required documentation to freight forwarder
if shipments are routed transactions then auditing for
* Timely management of multiple lines of communication between
customers and internal parties, maintaining details and relaying
pertinent information to appropriate parties.
* Solicits freight quotes and secures booking arrangements with
freight forwarders, following up on booking arrangements including
coordinating freight/load pick-up with our plants/warehouses then
ensuring delivery of products within timelines.
* Obtains export certificates from various government agencies or
DairiConcepts Regulatory department, in compliance with each
* Routinely audit export files for compliance and ensures files are
saved in our system or scanned into database.
* Reviews bill of lading, prepares associated charges (i.e. freight
and documentation fees) in order to process commercial invoices for
* Collaborates with internal credit department, customer, plants,
QA and Account Manager to research and resolve short pays.
* Processes freight claims; customer complaints and any associated
debit or credit memos in a timely manner.
* Process paperwork for sample shipments and send to internal
R&D team to include with shipments.
* Maintaining customer contact information and up to and including
required documents, freight terms and how to best ship for the
purpose of clearing customs.
* Work cross-functionally with counterparts in Regulatory at
DairiConcepts and DFA; Logistics and Export Services at DFA to
ensure teams are processing orders and documentation in similar
manners per our International Trade Policy and Order Policy.
* Building relationships with the Sales team members with the
purpose of building sales growth. Ability to represent the Account
Manager and DairiConcepts in customer meetings, webinars or calls
as needed. Expected to attend any organized meetings via phone as
* The requirements above are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a
complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Other duties may be as assigned as required.
Teamwork and Collaboration. May provide and/or receive input from
across functional boundaries. Understands organizational mesh
points and potential synergies. Integrates team efforts across the
Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and
respect. Models behavior that is consistent with DairiConcepts'
core values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines and holds others
accountable for the same.
Communication. Effectively communicates with all levels of the
organization. Demonstrates excellent presentation, oral, and
written communication skills. Executes outstanding customer
communication and relationship building techniques.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree in
related field preferred
* Minimum of 2+ years office experience with International
experience being preferred but not required
* Bilingual in Spanish both oral and written
* Analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills with a customer
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Must be detail oriented
* High ability to handle multiple priorities without losing
* Effective communication skills; verbal and written. Includes the
ability to interact positively and work effectively with
* Ability to present in a group setting and lead discussions either
in person or via phone.
* Ability to critically think through multiple step process and
follow up on several details in an organized manner
* Ability to be self-motivated and take ownership of position
* Able to perform repetitive work
* Willing to take on department tasks as needed
* Skill in facilitation and coordination
* Knowledge of and skill with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically
Excel, Word and Outlook. Moderate to high level of proficiency of
using Excel in developing spreadsheets and analyzing data.
* Knowledge of and skill with company computer systems.
* Knowledge of import and export regulations.
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in
writing, for a diverse range of internal and external audiences to
ensure customers' needs and requirements are met.
* Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
* Skill in critical thinking
* Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and
* Able to respond courteously and efficiently to inquiries,
complaints and requests
* Able to project a professional image
* Able to interact positively and work effectively with others
* Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Able to work with accuracy and attention to detail
* Able to make independent decisions
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
Keywords: Dairy Farmers of America, Springfield , Export Logistics Coordinator (spanish required), Professions , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!