Company: Jack Henry & Associates
Posted on: June 17, 2019
Job Description The Legal Department of Jack Henry & Associates, a
technology company primarily serving the financial services
industry, is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel to join their
team. The position will primarily entail representation of the
Company in the business s technology transactions and advising
management on legal rights and obligations relative to
operations.As a JHA associate you are more than just an employee,
you are a valued member of the organization that is dependent on
you and your success! JHA stresses a company culture that
encourages you to think outside the box and to grow in your
professional career! As a JHA employee you will enjoy a casual and
relaxed work environment, a terrific benefit package, and a
generous PTO and holiday plan that allows you to maintain a work
life balance.About this TeamJack Henry & Associates Legal
Department represents and provides legal services to the entire
company. This team consists of attorneys, paralegals, and support
staff who all provide services to the company such as drafting and
negotiating customer agreements, advising on compliance issues, and
much more.LocationsThis position will be hired in either
Springfield, MO or Lenexa, KS.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate law.
- A Missouri Bar license or be admitted under Rule 8. 105 / A
Kansas Bar license or a Kansas restricted license under Kansas
Supreme Court Rule 712.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience negotiating technology contracts.
- Experience in banking law or compliance.
- Ability to exercise appropriate legal judgment, risk
assessment, and provide practical advice to internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and properly prioritize pending
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Adobe editing tools.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.ESSENTIAL
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates various legal instruments and
documents, such as contracts, leases, licenses, purchases, sales,
real estate, distribution, employment, insurance and other
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations, and advises Company
on legal rights.
- Reviews and advises company on statutes, decisions, ordinances,
proposed and existing legislation.
- Advises company with regard to its intellectual property.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or
- Advises the company concerning transactions of business
involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and
corporate relations with the general public.
- Reviews and approves advertising copy and public statements
from a legal standpoint.
- Provides legal advice with respect to administration of the
Company and prepares resolutions and forms.
- Acts as agent of the Company in various transactions.
- Manages litigation and other matters handled by outside
Keywords: Jack Henry & Associates, Springfield , Corporate Counsel, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!