Dispatch Supervisor (Springfield,MO)
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Dispatch Supervisor - Republic, MO
Transportation Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the dispatch operations in the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
* Interpret and monitor compliance for policies, regulations and
best practices for the driver population including
(logging hours of service regulations, delivery and credit
* Fill routes based on driver availability daily using the standby
and extraboard lists and then develop and update
driver and driver helper dispatch schedule daily.
* Provides input on hiring, firing, and performance of a large
population of drivers.
* Set up daily tractor/trailer assignments for drivers.
* Provide work direction for a large group of drivers on a daily
basis. May be the only person providing direction
during certain times.
* Provide daily contact for customers, especially in the evening
when customer service is not available.
This includes resolving driver/store conflicts.
* Provides guidance for drivers to waiver from company policies or
best practices (i.e. a customer wants to
make a return outside company policy).
* Prepare daily records, communications, and maintain filing system
for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
and Department of Transportation (DOT) files.
* Complete transportation paperwork including route manifests,
invoices, special customer notifications,
* Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
* Verify equipment \"readiness\" with Transportation Shop.
* Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
* Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
* Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss
dispatch issues with drivers, customers and managers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma. College degree preferred.
* Be able to rapidly gain knowledge of mainframe computer
applications relating to record keeping and scheduling.
* Have experience in Windows environment on Excel, Microsoft Word,
and Outlook programs (preferred).
* Have map reading abilities.
* Have effective communication skills.
* Have adequate math and writing skills.
* Have a minimum of 3 years in similar function (preferred).
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center,
Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
* Requires night and weekend work as needed.
* Be able to work alone and in group settings.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature
extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially
solvents and components, and working in close proximity to other
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled Associated topics: 911, ambulance, call,
customer service, dispatch, emd, emt, police, service
Keywords: McLane Company, Springfield , Dispatch Supervisor (Springfield,MO), Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!