Med Aide/CMA/L1MA $1,000 Sign On Bonus 7a-7p $16.75+ (Part Time)
Company: The Castlewood Senior Living
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Title: Medication Tech Department/ Group: Wellness/
Non-Exempt Company Philosophy Arrow Senior Living Management wants
every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they
play a very important part in a much larger story of residents'
lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled
memories with this respected generation. And because there is no
greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you
for your generosity. Key Accountabilities 1) - - - - Ensure the
proper administration of medication. 2) - - - - Maintain medication
carts and proper recordkeeping. 3) - - - - Assist residents with
care needs, including activities of daily living, providing
exceptional and dignified care with first class customer service.
Duties This position description is designated to outline primary
duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the individual
or the organization to just the work identified. It is our
expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever
and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate
philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each
- Work under the direction of the Wellness Director or Care
Coordinator to maintain an efficient and regulatory compliant
medication program, as well as accurate and current records related
- Maintain a neat and orderly medication room.
- Audit resident medication records.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping
- Ensure physician orders are maintained for all medications and
check for clarification and accuracy.
- Check regularly for expired medications.
- Set-up for medication passes.
- Dispose of medications when necessary as allowed by regulation
and community policy.
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications and
ensure medications are being accurately self-administered.
- Assist with medication orders as needed and per community
policy and regulation.
- Check medications against medical books and identify resident
prior to administration
- Administer medication per physician orders.
- Ensure resident medical needs are met.
- Monitor resident for vital signs, observe for any changes,
report to Wellness Director and/or physician, document findings in
medical records, and carry out orders as written within scope of
- Promptly respond to emergency call system, telephone and paging
systems and provide assistance with resident need or request.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL) as
listed on the Individual Service Plan. - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Provides safe transfers, positioning and turning of residents
using effective body mechanics.
- Provide assistance with elimination needs of residents by:
providing care for the incontinent resident, including the proper
use of incontinent briefs; reinforcing bowel and bladder training;
assisting residents with toileting, including the use of urinals,
commodes and toilet seat extensions. - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including
detailed understanding of each resident's unique interests,
hobbies, history and personal preferences in order to provide
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping
- Report any needed repairs of community-owned property to the
Wellness Director, or Communications Department where
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Policies and Procedures.
- Intervene in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and
report immediately to the Wellness Director.
- Participate in all scheduled team member meetings, and other
community-wide team member meetings as requested.
- Participate in ongoing education and in-service training.
- Use effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present
information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Respond effectively to resident behavior. Use supportive
communication in resident interactions including effective
communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observe and report resident physical and emotional condition
changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Apply non-sterile bandages/dressings and anti-embolism
stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrate good practice of infection control principles by
understanding the infectious process and modes of disease
transmission, and by using appropriate hand-washing
- Care for cognitively impaired residents by: using techniques
for addressing the unique needs and behaviors of individuals with
dementia; communicate effectively; communicate understanding and
respond appropriately to behavior; use interventions to reduce the
effects of cognitive impairments. - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Demonstrate an understanding and support of Resident Rights by:
providing for resident privacy; maintaining resident
confidentiality; promoting the resident's right to make personal
choices to accommodate their needs; reinforcing behavior consistent
with resident dignity; assisting resident to participate in
- Maintain safe environment by: keeping community safe, clean and
comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards and
understanding methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries;
using safe practices when O2 is in use; identifying and following
community's disaster plans; able to describe and follow the
community's fire procedure, including operation of fire
extinguishers and ways to prevent fires; planning for safe use and
maintenance of equipment; practicing good infection control
- Provide basic emergency care as determined by the emergency
needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Support the mental health and social service needs of residents
by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior changes;
modifying own behavior in response to resident behavior;
facilitating resident's expression of needs and providing
supportive communication; assisting and instructing residents to be
independent in ADL; assisting residents in choosing appropriate
social programs and events and helping residents who need or want
physical assistance to attend events; in some cases, as directed,
attending events outside of the community with residents requiring
extra help; using resident's family as a source of resident
- Perform and complete assignments with established procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements -
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Is appropriately certified per state guidelines and
certification is active and in good standing.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses sufficient computer skills to be able to print
documents and enter information into resident records.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Mature interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Must be criminally cleared
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified
by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six
(6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must
test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening
and annually thereafter.
- Must have dependable transportation be able to work varying
hours as needed. Physical Requirements While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in
person and through written correspondence and navigate visually.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The position requires a
wheeled medication cart to be push/pulled through the community.
This position also requires employee to be able to retrieve items
from storage, including overhead bins or cabinets. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move items up to and over 50 pounds and
must be able to assist residents with sitting, standing, and
walking, as well as assisting persons after a fall. The job
functions are primarily indoors, but employee may be required to
work outside for events, transportation, or assisting residents to
and from vehicles. indhp --- Arrow Senior Living Management,
Keywords: The Castlewood Senior Living, Springfield , Med Aide/CMA/L1MA $1,000 Sign On Bonus 7a-7p $16.75+ (Part Time), Other , Nixa, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...