Posted on: January 25, 2023
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
- Support all facility safety and environmental programs
- Coordinate and oversee environmental operations to ensure
regulatory compliance and permit renewals.
- Oversee waste disposal programs.
- Ensure that industrial operations are following local, state
- Perform regular site inspections for environment
- Establishes and maintains up to date environmental procedures,
SOP's, labels, manifests and training requirements.
- Responsible for collecting environmental samples and data
- Identify root causes of environmental problems and propose
appropriate action plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain environmental
management and monitoring programs.
- Provides recommendations and assists plant management in
improving environmental procedures.
- Ensures up to date emergency contingency plans, and SDS
requirements are maintained.
- Maintain supplies of environmental equipment and coordinates
- Reviews capital projects and plant alterations to ensure
compliance with all environmental requirements.
- Prepares environmental and compliance reports as required by
management and outside organizations.
- Works with outside environmental organizations to ensure
compliance with all regulatory requirements. Serves as a contact
responsible for assisting with Environmental audits and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Physical Science,
Environmental Science or a closely related field required.
- 5+ years' experience working in EHS or related fields to
- 2 years project management experience is required, (3) years
- Three (3) years of compliance/environmental regulatory and
permitting related work history is preferred.
- Previous environmental experience preferred, including but not
limited to, RCRA, SPCC and NPDES.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification strongly preferred.
- Title V air permit experience preferred.
- PE license preferred
- Good project management skills and the ability to effectively
multi-task and manage complex operations, prioritize and meet
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
and able to conduct employee training as required by regulatory
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and
Keywords: balchem, Springfield , Environmental Coordinator, Other , Verona, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!