Safety Coordinator, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa
Company: National Beef Packing Co., LLC
Location: Pleasant Hope
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Find your future at National Beef! Iowa Premium of Tama, Iowa is
seeking to hire a highly qualified professional to join our team as
a Safety Coordinator. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and
stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa
Premium could become your next career move! Competitive wages and
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Paid Holiday, personal days, birthday
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life InsuranceSafety Coordinator responsibilities include
but are not limited to: Job Summary: Assists the Safety Manager
with implementing safety programs and policies focused on
eliminating occupational injuries and illnesses and ensuring
compliance with federal and state safety regulations. Work with
other National Beef safety professionals to employ meat industry
best practices. Essential Functions:
- Assists the Safety Manager with tracking corporate and plant
safety efforts and regulatory compliance tasks.
- Assist with implementation of all safety training.
- Ensure effective training is completed for all employees as
necessary for corporate and regulatory requirements through both
direct training and other authorized instructors.
- Assists Safety Manager by maintaining documentation and data
entry for all safety training.
- Assists manager with injury / illness investigations and
tracking corrective actions to completion.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and
practices; this includes writing workstation job safety analysis
- Assist with facility safety committees conducting training,
coordinating activities and empowering members to develop and
obtain specific safety goals and objectives.
- Maintain machine specific lockout tag-out procedures and
confined space documentation.
- Assist with coordinating and completing safety requirements
such as annual audio-grams, industrial hygiene surveys, respirator
fit testing, CPR / First Aid, HAZMAT response training, etc.
- Assist in the completion site safety inspections / audits on a
- Facilitate / participate in safety incident investigations and
corrective action planning.
- Actively interacts with managers, supervisors and employees in
a professional manner to promote safe behaviors.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays,
Sundays and off shift hours on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assignedThis is not a remote position. This is
a safety sensitive position. Qualified Candidates for the Safety
Coordinator position should possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree in Safety, Business Management or related
discipline is preferred.
- Requires 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
with 1+ years of experience implementing and managing Safety
programs in a large plant. Food manufacturing experience highly
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) and refrigeration
systems is preferred
- Experience conducting safety training for individuals and small
- A person with strong bilingual skills in English / Spanish or
English / French is preferred Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated employee relations experience, interpersonal and
verbal / written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to act as a
change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to
drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Ability to handle confidential information with great
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and
sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)Iowa
Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier
supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef.
Our employees are key to our success. We offer a variety of
employment opportunities in our production and packaging facility
in Southeast Iowa. We strive to be a preferred employer in Tama
County, whether it's measured by the number of people employed or
the good we do in the community. Come join our family!
Keywords: National Beef Packing Co., LLC, Springfield , Safety Coordinator, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa, Other , Pleasant Hope, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!