Posted on: November 26, 2022
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures
including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the
- Manages capital expenditures on the Verona site including
design, installation, safety, cost, and helps coordinate startups.
Managing responsibility includes overall Project and Construction
management activities. This should be Ryan or Peter now
- Daily responsibilities include solutions implementation and
support of production. Plans and coordinates technical design and
engineering implementation of project work in compliance with PSM,
SQF, and GMP procedures.
- Assist with maintaining and upgrading of the plant's PLC
control system and network.
- Assists with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk
Management Plan (RMP) compliance through leadership and
participation in activities required for all fifteen elements of
- Coordinates with other plant departments, particularly with
Production, as well as with off site departments (R&D, Business
groups) to facilitate projects and support.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor with cost and downtime
- When necessary has supervisory responsibility of outside
contractors and consultants including evaluation of work completed,
required conformance to contractor safety policies, safety
performance, and security of confidential information.
- Develops new and innovative solutions to production improvement
opportunities that accomplish business objectives including
improving safety, quality, or efficiency.
- When necessary formulates and supervises civil mechanical,
electrical and environmental process studies to determine the
feasibility of proposed projects and to establish structural,
mechanical, electrical, operational or other requirements to
design, develop, and install construction or manufacturing
- Provides leadership on selected projects and submits and
reviews to the Lead Process Control Engineer and other managers for
ultimate decisions including approvals for capital
- Prepares and submits the timely delivery of activity and
monthly reports to keep the Site Services Manager and others
informed about the status of engineering assignments.
- Provides technical support during preparation of the annual
Verona capital expenditure plan.
- Maintains relationships with outside vendors, particularly
those that supply services and labor for capital project
assignments. This should be Ryan or Peter now
- Assures that maintenance, environmental, and permitting records
/ documentation are completed as assignments require. Yellow should
be Ryan or Peter, Green should be Terry or Don
- Performs other related duties.
- Education and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering related field
- 3+ years experience as a Engineer with an emphasis on controls
implementation and trouble shooting in a manufacturing
- 2 years of experience programming or performing maintenance on
a Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC is preferable.
- Capital Project Management experience preferred
- A background in troubleshooting both equipment and process
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be
- Work is partly sedentary but intermittently involves climbing,
standing, walking, balance and coordination when reviewing
equipment operation on site. Travel is required on specific
- Operates various equipment such as computers, drafting
equipment and instruments involving scientific meters and measuring
devices. Works on wiring components and air actuated equipment.
Reads P&IDs and cross checks for matching in field conditions.
Follows process flow equipment, and process flow diagrams. Monitors
electronic historian systems and monitors and corrects PLC
- Works both in an office and in field construction and
maintenance areas, but periodically outside subject to changes in
various weather conditions and temperatures depending on specific
project or maintenance priorities. Will be required to wear
appropriate safety equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes,
respirators, gloves and other protective equipment as required by
the specific job assignment.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Keywords: balchem, Springfield , Controls Engineer, Other , Verona, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!