Asphalt Operator, Springfield, MO
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job ID: 473261APAC Central Inc., is an Oldcastle Materials
Company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand,
ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy
highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas,
Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its
founding companies have been serving our customers since early in
the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st
Century!Position OverviewThe Operator is responsible for operating
a variety of equipment for groundwork and construction purposes.
The career field for "Equipment Operator" includes, but may not be
limited to, the following positions: Equipment Operator (Grade and
Pave Crew), Heavy Equipment Operator, Roller Operator
(Self-Propelled, Asphalt, Other than Asphalt), Motor Grader
Operator (Rough Grade), Concrete Grinder/Milling Machine Operator,
Backhoe Operator, Bobcat Operator, Bulldozer/Push Dozer Operator,
Concrete Finishing Machine Operator, Asphalt Paver Machine
Operator. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe
working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety
Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer
major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned. Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Must possess valid DOT Medical Card
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible
hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy
equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a
variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations
in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or
other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill
and the exercise of independent judgment. Physical RequirementsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions. Work Environment
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.The statements included in this job
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the
job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for
this job are subject to modification by the Company and its
designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud
heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a
proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and
regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH is a
great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we
invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete
your online application and profile which will be sent directly to
the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the
CRH family!Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook , Twitter ,
Instagram , Google+ , Pinterest , WordPress (Career Blog) and
LinkedIn ! EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please
click on this link . Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action
and Equal Opportunity Employer.Oldcastle Materials is part of the
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Springfield , Asphalt Operator, Springfield, MO, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!