Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Springfield
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Overview:Select Specialty Hospital SpringfieldCritical Illness
Admissions CoordinatorFull Time2 alternating shifts: 7:30am-4:00pm
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a
results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an
opportunity with us!Responsibilities:We are looking for valued
employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which
includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of
life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to
develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and
doing well by doing what is right.
The Admissions Coordinator manages the referral intake and
coordinating of admissions.
- Ensures every referral, admission, denial and conversion note
is timely and accurately entered into the database.
- Ensures that all deficiencies remain at 0% to eliminate
- Begins the pre-cert process and tracks for follow up and timely
- Verifies Medicare benefits and secondary/supplemental insurance
- Initiates and obtains authorization (if not providing
additional clinical information).
- Pre-admits/admits patients into Med-Host and maintains
- Completes admissions paperwork and reviews all patient forms
with patient/responsible party and secures the necessary
- Obtains insurance cards and confirms demographic information of
patients on arrival.
- Picks up nursing census worksheet from the floor, reviews any
changes with nursing staff, then completes census.
- Leads the morning meeting with census, budgeted numbers,
- Communicates admissions time, bed number, physician, etc. to
the hospital when there is a confirmed admission.
- Provides tours of hospital.Qualifications:We are seeking
results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be
passionate about providing superior quality in all that they
Must have expertise in problem solving, observation, group
dynamics, and interpersonal relations, as well as an ability to
work independently and to prioritize responsibilities
Prior experience in a hospital, physician practice or insurance
- Knowledge of Medical terminologyPreferred qualifications that
will make you successful:
- Direct experience in third party insurance verification and
knowledge of how benefits under the Medicare program are applied is
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Additional Data:Select Medical strives to provide our employees
with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have
both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Up to $300 in monthly bonus incentives.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Springfield, Springfield , Admissions Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!