Meat Stock Clerk
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Meat Stock Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Meat Revision Date: 03/2009
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Handles
food in a safe manner and ensures neatness of department. Rotates
stock, stocks cases, and places product in the coolers.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store
Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant
Managers, Meat Manager, Assistant Meat Manager, Meat Specialist,
Meat Wrap Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
* Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
* Conveys customer special orders to appropriate personnel.
* Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
* Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
* Ensures appropriate stocking of branded meat cases, and coolers,
by rotating and replenishing product.
* Checks signage to ensure it is with the appropriate product.
* Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
* Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
* Removes trash in a timely manner.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Washes dishes as necessary.
* Orders product and supplies as necessary.
* Stocks fresh meat cases.
* Slices special orders for customers - such as hams.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent, Hy-Vee food safety training. Six months
or less of similar or related work.
* Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force (energy
exerted) occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently;
and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
* Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
* Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is exposed daily to dirt, noise, temperature
extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment movement hazards,
cleaning chemicals/solvents, and electrical shock. This is a fast
paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Slicer, pallet jack, and box cutter.
Deals with customers on a daily basis.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Springfield , Meat Stock Clerk, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!