Medication Partner/L1MA/CMT- Night Shift (Full Time)
Company: The Fremont Senior Living
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company PhilosophyArrow Senior Living Management believes that each
employee makes a significant contribution to our success in
fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified
care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned
responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is
designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope,
but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work
identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer
his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the
success of our endeavors.Key Accountability:To ensure the proper
administration of medication and to provide exceptional and
dignified care while providing first class customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate
philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Works under the direction of the Director of Wellness or Care
Coordinator to maintain an efficient and regulatory compliant
medication program, as well as accurate and current records related
- Maintain a neat and orderly medication room.
- Maintain current and accurate medication records.
- Audit resident medication records.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping
- Ensure physician orders are maintained for all
- Check regularly for expired medications.
- Set-up for medication passes.
- Dispose of appropriate medications as allowed by regulation and
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications and
ensure medications are being accurately self-administered.
- Supervise Caregivers with medications.
- Order medications as needed per community policy and
- Ensures medications are set-up and administered properly,
checks medications against medical books and identifies resident
prior to administration and administers medication per physician
- Checks orders for clarification and accuracy.
- Ensures resident medical needs are met, monitors resident for
vital signs, observes for any changes, reports to Director of
Wellness and/or physician, documents findings in medical records,
and carries out orders as written within the scope of
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL) as
listed on the Individual Service Plan. Familiarize yourself with
residents of the Community, including detailed understanding of
each resident's unique interests, hobbies, history and personal
preferences in order to provide exemplary service.
- Promptly respond immediately to resident requests.
- Provides assistance with elimination needs of residents by:
providing care for the incontinent resident, including the proper
use of incontinent briefs; reinforcing bowel and bladder training;
assisting residents with toileting, including the use of urinals,
commodes and toilet seat extensions.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping
- Provides safe transfers, positioning and turning of residents
using effective body mechanics.
- Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the
Director of Wellness, or Communications Department where
- Reports any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Policies and Procedures.
- Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care
and reports immediately to the Director of Wellness.
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging
- Participates in all scheduled team member meetings, and other
community-wide team member meetings as requested.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and
- Uses effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present
information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Responds effectively to resident behavior. Uses supportive
communication in resident interactions including effective
communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition
changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies
anti-embolism stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrates good practice of infection control principles by
understanding the infectious process and modes of disease
transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing
- Cares for cognitively impaired residents by: using techniques
for addressing the unique needs and behaviors of individuals with
dementia; communicates effectively with cognitively impaired
residents; communicates understanding of the behavior of
cognitively impaired residents; responds appropriately to the
behavior of cognitively impaired residents; uses interventions to
reduce the effects of cognitive impairments.
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights
by: providing for resident privacy; maintaining resident
confidentiality; promotes the residents right to make personal
choices to accommodate their needs; reinforces behavior consistent
with resident dignity; assists resident to participate in
- Maintains a safe environment by: keeping the community safe,
clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards,
understands the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and
injuries; using safe practices when O2 is in use; identifying and
following the community's disaster plans; can describe and follow
the community's fire procedure, including the operation of fire
extinguishers and ways to prevent fires; planning for the safe use
and maintenance of equipment; practicing good infection control
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency
needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Supports the mental health and social service needs of
residents by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior
changes; modifies own behavior in response to resident behavior;
facilitates the resident's expression of needs and provides
supportive communication; assists and instructs residents to be
independent in ADL; assists residents in choosing appropriate
social programs and events and helps residents who need or want
physical assistance to attend events; in some cases, as directed,
attends events outside of the community with residents requiring
extra help; uses resident's family as a source of resident
- Performs and completes assignments with established procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Wellness Director or
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Certification as CMT/CMA (as required by the State) - active
and in good standing.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses sufficient computer skills to be able to print
documents and enter information into resident records.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Mature interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Providing quality care to residents.
- Must be criminally cleared
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified
by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six
(6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must
test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening
and annually thereafter.
- Must have dependable transportation be able to work varying
hours as needed.
Arrow Senior Living Management, LLC---Approved 01/01/11
Keywords: The Fremont Senior Living, Springfield , Medication Partner/L1MA/CMT- Night Shift (Full Time), Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!