Remote System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration
Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: November 22, 2021
A System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration at
O'Reilly Auto Parts develops and supports applications to maintain
retail store systems, administrates configuration management using
Ansible, maintains patch management for retail systems, and
administrates a highly available cluster for retail locations with
VMware. This team is focused on the development, design and
integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party
packages utilizing tools and technologies including Linux, Python,
Ansible, Django, and PostgreSQL.--Essential Job Functions
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and
enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to
translate business to technical requirements and problem
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to
troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices,
code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in
highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation
- Debug and test code as needed.
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.
- Mentor system admins, developers, and interns.
- Participate in on-call schedule including
nights/weekends.--Skills and QualificationsRequired:
- 4+ years of server administration or software development
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the
full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control, testing, build and release
engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end
- Working understanding of databases including writing and
amending queries in MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration
and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT,
JIRA and Confluence.
- Linux Systems administration experience.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of
end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to
interact with vendors as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work flexible schedule with on-call rotation for
nights and weekends.--Desired:--
- Experience with Ansible, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Django,
VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience supporting critical applications and uptime in an
enterprise environment.--BenefitsAll full time team members are
eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer
convenience and security to our team members and their families.
Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on
employment status, average hours worked, location and length of
service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type
http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.Compensation
Range$65,000.00 - $115,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon
applicable experience, training and skillsBonusThis job is eligible
for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Remote System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!