SpringfieldMORecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Springfield jobs

CDI Educator

Company: CoxHealth
Location: Springfield
Posted on: November 22, 2021

Job Description:

Summary

  • Job Summary
    • The Clinical Documentation Improvement Educator will be responsible for working closely with the CDI Manager, CDI Specialists, Medical Director-Coding/CDI and other key Hospital Leadership to provide education to providers on documentation practices throughout the CoxHealth System. Must be an expert in Clinical Documentation Improvement in order to analyze data to determine when to mentor and educate CDI Specialist(s) to improve their practice. Additionally will be responsible for assisting providers in improving their documentation through educational sessions, focusing on providing an accurate picture of the patient to include severity of illness, risk and resource utilization through correct MS/APR DRG assignment and CC/MCC captures. Will be responsible with working with CDI Manager and/or CDI Leadership designee to mentor/train new CDI based on CDI orientation procedures. Participates in and provides requested feedback for the following Committees: 1) Coding and Documentation Committee 2) Utilization Review Committee 3)SOI Scorecard Committee 4) Educational sessions for Providers as requested and needed per Coding changes or recommendations, etc. 5) Other Educational meetings as assigned by CDI Manager, Medical Director, Coding/CDI and System Director, Coding/HIM. This position will require travel amongst all Hospitals within CoxHealth System and require 80% of scheduled shift to work in the CDI Office. The remaining 20% of shift has the option of remote work from home.
    • Job Requirements
      • Education
        • Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
        • Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
        • Experience
          • Required: Five (5) year's acute care experience
          • Required: Three (3) years' experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist
          • Preferred: Patient care experience in ED, ICU, Neuro or Stepdown specialty units
          • Skills
            • Ability to apply coding guidelines when reviewing documentation in the medical record
            • Ability to perform computer data entry. (Experience with Word, Excel)
            • Ability to utilize EHR and entry of data in CDI software, including reconciliation and reporting of data
            • Ability to work with others and communicate effectively
            • Ability to build presentations/present Clinical Documentation Improvement to providers fluently
            • Ability to work with CDI/Coding staff ongoing to provide education
            • Ability to train and mentor new CDI staff with onboarding/education
            • Licensure/Certification/Registration
              • Required: MO RN License
              • Required: CCDS or CDIP

                #CB

Keywords: CoxHealth, Springfield , CDI Educator, Other , Springfield, Missouri

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Missouri jobs by following @recnetMO on Twitter!

Springfield RSS job feeds