Company: Natural Grocers
Posted on: September 16, 2021
USD $16.00/Hr. -
The Produce Manager is responsible for the
successful operation and profitability of the produce department
which includes training, directing and monitoring all department
staff. Department Managers are responsible for the success of their
own department and are required to fulfill the duties of the
Manager on Duty (MOD) on a scheduled basis.
Key Responsibilities include the
following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and
adhering to all policies.
- Creating an inviting, full and shopable department.
- Ordering for the produce department and maintaining accurate
- Managing margin, COGs and overall department profitability
including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective
- Setting and maintaining the department on a daily basis
including ensuring that the produce rack is consistently fresh,
full and abundant throughout the day.
- Culling, crisping, rotating and properly handling/storing
- Ensuring only certified organic produce is ordered and
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are cleaned in accordance
with health department and company standards.
- Receiving all incoming produce orders per company
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Training and monitoring department personnel.
- Working with other department managers to cross-train staff to
accomplish all needed tasks.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Assisting in interviewing and hiring for department needs.
- Working with the store manager to address performance and/or
disciplinary issues within the department.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering,
managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and
covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and
- Answering customer questions per company standards and
policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or
statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Utilizing email and IS programs as needed.
- Opening and closing of store.
- Completing DSR and the closing cash processes may be required
absence of any other qualified employee.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes
evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days,
40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
Although this is a general outline of job
responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and
do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company
Education, Skills &
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a grocery/retail/produce environment
preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or
certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by
keeping certifications up to date and registered if
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with
the task at hand. Sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills. Highly organized with great
attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency. Proficient
in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
This job description is not an employment
contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed
duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job
description are subject to change with and without notice.
Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned
by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not
be listed in this job description.
Here’s an overview of the benefits we offer our
good4u Crew to help ensure the health and wellbeing of you and
your family, now and well into the future:
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus
- Vitamin Bucks
(up to $2,080 earned as store credit
Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off
(sick days and vacation) that Increases with
- Paid Nutrition
- good4u Crew
Program (customer appreciation and rewards
Scheduled Pay Increases
Advancement Opportunities and Career
- Health and
Assistance Program (EAP)
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical
Leave (through company
paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid
Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance,
Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life
Savings Plan (401k) with
discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings
Account (HSA) with Company Match
At the heart
of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and crew is
this belief: All people should be empowered to experience
health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction
without honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout
every aspect of our organization.
Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity, and
cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health are
rooted in these principles. Our Crew is diverse not only in
gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities,
and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our
perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health
and wellness for all. We welcome everyone who would like to join us
in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each
person brings to the table. We’re committed to nurturing an
ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue
Keywords: Natural Grocers, Springfield , Produce Manager, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!