CHEF, PASTRY - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: May 27, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text MSU to 75000 & search for
the requisition ID number 545757.
Click here to
- We are now hiring for a full-time CHEF, PASTRY
- Location: Missouri State University - 1001 E. Madison,
Springfield, MO 65897 Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full-time; schedule to be determined upon
- Requirement: Prior catering experience required.
- Perks: Paid time off, sick day and holiday pay!
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Creates, plans and supervises the
daily production of top-quality pastries, desserts and baked goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily production and distribution of all
pastries, desserts and baked goods.
- Ensures recipes and standards are followed, food costs are
controlled and appropriate quantity is prepared based on
established production needs.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and
maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the
pastry kitchen and equipment to ensure a work environment that
meets/exceeds federal, state and corporate standards and
- Supervises hourly kitchen/pastry associates, including
interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling,
participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as
- Helps plan and implement seasonal menus.
- Orders and maintains pastry supplies and products to ensure
appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Compass Group, Springfield , CHEF, PASTRY - HOURLY (FULL-TIME), Other , SPRINGFIELD, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!