Senior Environmental Engineer
Location: Mountain Home
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary
responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other
duties as assigned):
- Manage and act as subject matter expert (SME) for environmental
and sustainability programs, permits, and reporting in program
areas including but not limited to: Air, Hazardous Waste, Risk
Management, Recycling, Emergency Response, Spill Prevention,
Stormwater Control, ISO 14001 and associated reporting
- Knowledgeable and proficient with: Clean Air Act, Clean Water
Act, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, ISO 14001
- Interpret environmental regulations concerning compliance with
Local, State and Federal laws.
- Monitor regulatory updates and changes to applicable
- Responsible for employee training, managing and assigning work
for environmental compliance activities.
- Primary contact on behalf of the facility to state, local, and
federal government environmental regulatory agencies
- Management of projects, contractors, consultants, and resources
for regulatory compliance and monitoring programs.
- Develop and partner with facility personnel to implement
process related control upgrades and documentation for
environmental regulatory compliance, and safety programs.
- Development and management of various environmental,
sustainability, and facility improvement projects from initiation
to execution and final delivery.
- Monitoring and controlling the various regulatory obligations
and sustainability metrics, KPIs, while providing updates
tointernal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the facility's Environmental Procedures,
ensuring they are consistent with Baxter corporate guidance
- Key liaison with Baxter Corporate EHS&S; provide input to
corporate guidance and programs
- Primary point of contact for Baxter Corporate EHS&S audits;
participation in audits at other facilities may be required
- Champion for Baxter Corporate EHS&S initiatives
- Implement and maintain solid and hazardous waste programs
- Interface daily with employees and management to explain
environmental requirements and to answer questions.
- Track and communicate regulatory requirements to facility
personnel; work with facility staff to develop plans that can be
executed to assure the site's activities are conducted in
compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Communicate with EHS Associate Director in solving problems,
developing corrective action and training.
- Support the health and safety program by conducting facility
inspections, incident response/case management, root cause
analysis, and employee training
- Assist with the development of Process Hazard Analysis and
Process Safety Management programs under the scope of sterilization
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- knowledgeable and proficient with: Clean Air Act, Clean Water
Act, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, ISO 14001
- Demonstrated project management of environmental capital
- Experience with environmental permitting, especially NSR/NESHAP
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend written environmental laws
and regulations and apply to an industrial manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb technical information and put
into practical applied use.
- Demonstrated ability to use a personal computer with current
- Demonstrated skill in setting objectives and managing
- Basic understanding of chemistry and material safety data
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Chemical
- Five years' experience with EPA regulations and environmental
- Team experience preferred including communicating requirements
in an organizational setting.
- Project experience designing and implementing improvements to
waste and recycle streams desired.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Majority of work is indoors with a minor amount outdoors.
- Outside inspections of the grounds and the facility roof is
- Some overnight travel is required using commercial airlines and
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.
Keywords: Baxter, Springfield , Senior Environmental Engineer, Other , Mountain Home, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!