Prime's Trailer Rebuild Shop operates shop tools and machinery
to facilitate repairs on tractor trailers.
- Fabricate and repair body parts on trailers.
- Replace defective body parts as required to return equipment to
- Perform maintenance tasks including brake changes, services,
and general repairs as required to maintain fleet.
- Transfer product from one trailer to another.
- Ability to read and understand repair orders in order to
optimize shop space and address all maintenance tasks needing to be
- Perform detailed inspections of equipment in preparation for
turn in and/or returning equipment to factory specifications.
- Safely operates overhead crane, fork lift, and shop tools to
facilitate trailer repairs.
- Disassembles, re-assembles all trailer parts as necessary to
repair damaged areas.
- Diagnose wiring and air supply issues with lite check machine
as required to identify and repair problems with braking, ABS, and
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces
part from various kinds of metal stock.
- Verifies completion of all maintenance tasks performed in order
to maintain fleet standard.
- Provides good customer service to operators in order to
identify problems and expedite repairs necessary to make on time
- Maintains shop tools as necessary to preserve the life and
functionality of company equipment.
- Cleans tools and working area.
- Performs other routine duties.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing
the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Mechanical and welding experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history and positive attitude. Flexible
schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required.
Candidate must be able to acquire a rolling toolbox and own tools
once the training period has been completed.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, handling, and forward
reaching; frequent head turning, bending, side reaching and
pinching. The candidate will need to lift and carry 100lbs, push
50lbs, and pull 100lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are
required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to
varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Applicants for the
position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active
practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the
prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in
29 CFR 1910.134).
Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that
PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is
fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory
requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
and reliable transportation to and from work.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer
physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.