Sr Marketing Representative
Company: UFG Insurance
Posted on: June 12, 2021
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy,
financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment
to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others
recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top
Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years,
and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial
Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is currently seeking a Sr. Marketing Representative who will
create and maintain conditions to generate profitable production
through territory management, agency management, product management
and market intelligence. In addition, the role is responsible for
fostering, assisting, and promoting company staff and agency
- Serve as a liaison between the company and agency to solve
problems and promote a positive working relationship. Through a
combination of regular in person and virtual agency visits, monitor
agency performance to recognize problems and recommend
- Continuously promote and explain commercial lines and surety
products, services and underwriting practices. Educate agency
personnel on company procedures including ufgAgent website.
Demonstrate thorough knowledge of billing system, commission
schedule, profit sharing, and agency statements.
- Responsible for territory and agency management to include
prospecting for new agency partners, establishing profitability
action plans, conducting formal agency reviews with management, and
delivering agency terminations.
- Maintain a current awareness of demographic, economic,
business, legal and public policy conditions present in the
assigned geographic territory in order to aid in developing
implementing and controlling strategies and objectives.
- Manage the profitable impact of the assigned agency plant on
results through properly selecting, developing, and monitoring our
- Call on prospective agencies, investigate to determine
acceptability, and submit agency prospects for evaluation and
- Manage the products and services of UFG to achieve the maximum
competitive edge and profit potential within the assigned agency
plant. Conduct agency education to promote products.
- Keep abreast of current information on forces in the insurance
market to ensure that UFG can maintain a prudent competitive
posture. Gather soft and hard data from agency and insurance
- Assist agents and underwriters through field underwriting and
risk control of new and renewal risks to provide inspection
information as needed.
- Represent UFG at all conventions and tradeshows for state
insurance associations and program business association
- Collaborate with all UFG departments for the benefit of agency
partners and insureds. These departments include underwriting,
surety, claims, risk control, and premium audit to name a few.
- This position will predominately serve the state of Missouri
but could include agencies in any bordering state.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- 5+ years of insurance experience. Marketing and/or underwriting
experience with a property and casualty company preferred.
- The position will frequently involve irregular and extended
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- The use of a company vehicle will require an acceptable driving
record and continuous demonstration of safe driving practices.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- This is a "field" position so maturity and the ability to work
independently in paramount.
- Conceptual knowledge of underwriting, claims, risk control,
premium audit, and accounting functions.
- Must possess good planning and organizing habits, written and
oral communication skills, and analysis and problem-solving
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Keywords: UFG Insurance, Springfield , Sr Marketing Representative, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!