Railroad Bridge Laborer
Company: Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The person in this position performs the duties involved with
maintenance and repair activities surrounding the
maintenance-of-bridge functions. He or she carries out
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's safety
policies and applicable laws, working with direction from the
bridge foreman and/or general manager.
- Perform day-to-day activities of a bridge crew
- Unload and/or assist in unloading and distributing materials
(rail, ties, spikes, etc.)
- Correct deviations in bridge surface, alignment, and gage
- Install and repair wood trestles and wood structures
- Operate tools such as rail saw, track wrench, spike maul, tie
adz, and claw bar as needed
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of work experience
- Experience with heavy hand tools a plus
- Previous outdoor work experience a plus
- Knowledge of roadway-worker protection regulations
- Familiarity with FRA fall-protection regulations
- Good attendance and punctuality
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of
education and work experience
- Valid driver's license
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is a plus
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in
the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not
discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin,
political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee
organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or
any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Genesee & Wyoming Inc., Springfield , Railroad Bridge Laborer, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!