Company: Department of Defense
Location: Fort Leonard Wood
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the Position: This position is located in the Inpatient
Nursing Division, General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital,
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are
new to Federal service.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the
DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and
appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive
Learn more about this agency
- Gather, assess, and document history and physical information
from patient and/or family members, to identify chief complaint,
symptoms, medications, and other pertinent information.
- Obtain patient vital signs.
- Conduct routine procedures, such as Electrocardiogram (ECG,
EKG), eye, throat, nasal and/or wound cultures, dressing changes,
ear irrigation, and application of bandages.
- Administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular
immunizations to all age groups.
- Perform inhalation treatments, finger-stick glucose, urine
dipsticks, visual acuity, phlebotomy, dressing changes, and
surgical instrument cleaning and packaging after use.
- Coordinate, review, and order any required medications,
vaccines, equipment and supplies.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
0620 Practical Nurse
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and
periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require
interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18)
years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of
Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must
provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or
American Red Cross. Certifying organization varies on location.
Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to
applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be
required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random
drug urinalysis testing.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill non-privileged professional
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- May include shift work (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- May require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires
employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during
irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends,
holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification in Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification in Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP).
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Basic Requirement for Practical Nurse:
Licensure: A current license to practice as a practical or
vocational nurse in a State, territory of the United States, or the
District of Columbia; OR must have applied for a license to
practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be
accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license, a
notarized statement attesting to the fact, or a citation of the
license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who
have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining
the required license during the probationary period. Those not
licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license
and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending
licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if
licensure has not been attained.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify
for this position you must also meet the qualification requirement
Experience: One year of nursing experience in a hospital,
outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical,
nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical
knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and
procedures, performing such duties as measuring patient's vital
signs, administering immunizations or medications via various
routes, screening or updating patient medical records, and
assisting physicians during diagnostic, therapeutic, or minor
surgical procedures. This definition of experience is typical of
work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the
federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must
meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Springfield , Practical Nurse, Other , Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!