Company: Schreiber Foods
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Operations Leader leads the efforts of a production team.
Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, compliance
with various customers, company, government requirements and
What you'll do:
- Develop Schreiber Foods Culture - Train, coach, evaluate and
reinforce Process Excellence principles with partners.
- Converting Goals - Lead team efforts in meeting or exceeding
goals in Productivity, Raw Material Usage, Safety, Customer
Complaints, and Service.
- Customer Requirements - Work with Team Leader in identifying
and communicating customer requirements.
- Develop PCP's to insure customer requirements are met.
- Governmental Regulations - Be knowledgeable of various
government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA,
USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Process Improvements - Through the use of problem solving
methods, CAT's, and other quality tools identify and make process
- Daily Operation - Work with the team to make sure that daily
production is organized to maximize efficiencies, making necessary
adjustments as conditions change.
- Capital Investment - Work with the Team Leader and team in
identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis
- Administration - Administer various company, plant or
department processes in certification programs, pay systems,
assessment/feedback processes, etc.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food
Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer
requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to
plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits
PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor
processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews
incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines
appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow
What you need to succeed:
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Dairy
Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Animal Science, Supply Chain &
Operations Management, Business Administration/Management,
Industrial Engineering, Quality, Biology or related field
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make good business decisions quickly
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match
and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our
pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision
benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical
consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program
and access to an interactive personalized online wellness
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through
training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's
license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be
required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods
discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the
travel necessities of the position are required.
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to
make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and
skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities,
more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud
in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can
setup Job Alerts.
Keywords: Schreiber Foods, Springfield , Operations Leader, Other , Mount Vernon, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!