Residential Lead Driver CDL (B)
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: A Lead Driver CDL (B) is responsible for
overseeing a group of drivers to ensure complete route coverage,
prompt and courteous customer service and also safely operates his
or her truck to provide complete waste removal services for
customers. In addition, the Lead Driver CDL (B) is responsible for
ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company's
safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all
Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times
while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition
reports ("VCRs") on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle
defects are repaired in a timely manner. The Lead Driver CDL (B)
assists the Route Supervisor or Operations Manager in training new
drivers on proper safety and driving techniques.
- Oversee a group of drivers on a daily basis to ensure routes
are being serviced in a timely manner; report down time or other
concerns to appropriate management; assist in planning and
execution of re-routes to maximize efficiency; assist in the
training of new drivers.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the
vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure,
fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper
working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route
and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service
each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by
the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with
Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse,
operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others
on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a
timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in
accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence
to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it
is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other
reports, as required.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the
department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Company's ReSOP program.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Three years of prior experience driving commercial trucks
- One year in a lead role.
- Class A Commercial Driver's license.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and
follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's license with air brakes
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Springfield , Residential Lead Driver CDL (B), Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!