Company: Bass Pro Shops
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The User Experience Manager has responsibility to lead the team
performing user experience tasks for the White River Marine Group
Website, including the recruiting, mentoring and building of user
experience expertise to produce quality deliverables. The ideal
candidate will have a strong background in performing the tasks
themselves, managing a team to efficiently handle a dynamic
workload and proven skills for influencing decision makers.
- Develop scenarios, task flows, wireframes, and mockups to
effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction
behaviors and high-level design strategies for all devices.
- Coordinate end-user research efforts, build prototypes, and
conduct testing with customers to validate designs through customer
- Presents recommendations to business stakeholders and technical
teams to influence decisions that create the best user experience.
Ability to professionally defend/articulate design decisions that
were made on your/the team's behalf to key stakeholders and
- Monitors user experience changes across competitors and other
leaders in digital commerce to ensure we maintain an innovative
user experience which keeps pace with customer expectations.
- Manage the creation, governance, and maintenance of user
experience design standards, personas, scenarios and user testing
protocols. Creates the overall strategy for the assigned digital
assets. Leads cross functional teams to ensure that the voice of
the customer is accounted for throughout the process. Develops
testing and research strategies to ensure that the correct methods
are being applied.
- Works with a cross functional team to define the overall user
experience strategy/road map and user-centered design
- Oversees user experience work performed by outside vendors.
Manages and leads vendor resources, including managing budgets, and
ensuring that work delivered by the vendor meets Bass Pro Shops and
White River Marine Group needs.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and
documentation. Develops templates, processes, and proper governance
procedures to ensure proper designs, research, and testing is
- Balance team's workload, assign priorities and determine
deliverables to effectively meet project needs.
- Support production teams by providing mentoring and feedback
for execution of day-to-day activities. Responsible for developing
team by providing opportunities for mentoring, training and
performance evaluations for full-time staff. Create a collaborative
team environment which allows individuals to perform at their best.
Develop and communicate overall project priorities ensuring that
the customer is represented in the process and that project
priorities represent our customer's needs.
- Other Duties As Assigned
8 to 10+ years
Preferred Master's Degree in information design, human factors,
HCI, cognitive psychology or related discipline or equivalent
education & related training preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- 10+ years of hands-on UX/UI design experience in a responsive
web and mobile app platform
- 5+ years UX/UI design experience in a retail e-commerce focused
- Proven experience directly managing a team of 6-10 UX/Visual
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present
concepts with peers as well as senior leadership
- Experience working in a product team environment and/or with an
agile development process preferred
- Proficiency with common design and project management tools
such as Adobe XT, Axure, Zeplin, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience conducting user tests and quickly gain insights with
tools such as usertesting.com, etc.
- Experience developing design systems and style guides
- Proficiency using a major analytics platform such as Adobe
Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.
Travel will be required on an as-needed basis to support project
work and team development with the expectation of not exceeding 20%
of total time in a given year.
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring
decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Bass Pro Shops
Keywords: Bass Pro Shops, Springfield , UX Manager, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!