Dock Worker 4 AM start
Company: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently looking for a Dockworker
to join our OD Family Culture. Our Dockworkers successfully load
and unload freight throughout the shift using a forklift or
manually in a safe, efficient manner. Will perform work associated
with warehousing, material handling, and other related duties as
assigned. Would have flexible scheduling availability to include
third shift, evening, weekend, and some holidays. Our dock workers
average $61,500 annually based upon 2020 pay average. Dock workers
are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately
deliver our customer's freight and help keep our promises.
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- "Birthday Holiday" who doesn't love some extra attention on
- Load and unload freight on trailers using a motorized forklift,
pallet jack or manually in compliance with state and federal DOT
guidelines. Use various loading techniques, such as loading tight
or cross loading.
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the
service center in a forklift on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Utilize Dock Yard Management System to consistently monitor
freight shipment locations throughout the service center.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in
some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in
freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests,
freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception
- Hand load, rewrap or stack freight as necessary.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and
supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- Able to complete company and governmental forms and comprehend
written company policies and governmental regulations.
- Ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule in order to meet
customer pickup and delivery schedules
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Keywords: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc, Springfield , Dock Worker 4 AM start, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!