Posted on: June 9, 2021
The French's Food Company, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company,
Inc. and a global leader in flavor is seeking a full-time Process
Engineer for the plant located in Springfield, MO. This person will
report to the CI Manager.
With more than $500 million in annual sales, our company has
been crafting trusted foods using simple ingredients of the highest
quality. From French's Classic Yellow Mustard, long America's
top-selling mustard, to its most recent innovations, such as
French's Ketchup, the company has a history rich with delicious
creations made from what today would be considered "clean, simple
ingredients." To learn more please visit us at www.frenchs.com.
Under the direction of the CI Manager, the Process Engineer is
responsible for the overall development and maintenance of
documentation that captures best operating practices in the
French's Foods Plant. The key objective of this role is to reduce
variation in operating methods thereby improving the reliability
and repeatability of processes. The Process Engineer will work
within the 6 MHPS systems to lead technician teams to standardize
processes and procedures for the plant, including, but not limited
to, processing, packaging, maintenance and engineering departments.
This role will work with Department Managers to ensure that the
formal change process is used thereby ensuring that change
proposals are appropriately evaluated prior to change.
- Providing process engineering support and project engineering
guidance to filling, processing, and/or support departments under
the direction of the Continuous Improvement Manager
- Leading a team of Technicians to maintain and create standard
documentation for the various operations in the plant ensuring
uniformity across departments. Is expected to be current on
industry standards and latest developments. Applies best practices
and ensures that they are approved and documented. Critically
analyzes processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and
opportunities for improvement.
- Developing the following documents for the assigned area:
Department Operating Procedures and line machinery training
manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Control
Procedures, All run documents including Baseline Audit Sheets,
Changeover documents, Shutdown procedures, Startup procedures, and
Operational Cleaning procedures, Line Capability
- Documenting for new projects and maintained annually for
- Work with Project Engineering to set appropriate documentation
standards for vendors and contractors that will facilitate ease of
use in developing training documentation for plant staff
- Responsible for coaching and developing a team of Technicians
to improve their skills allowing them to be more effective team
members. Teams may be formed to attack a specific defect/losses or
to support a specific project/initiative
- Focus on cost reduction programs, process improvements, and
engineering service requests as well as evaluation and
recommendation of process capital improvements and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical,
Electrical and Industrial)
- A minimum of one year of relevant production/engineering
experience. Relevant co-op/internship experience will be
- Proficiency in the application of statistical methods.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint,
- Demonstrated leadership capability, ability to influence others
and professional maturity.
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with
demonstrated ability to present ideas without formal authority
- Ability to exercise good judgment in high pressure, sensitive
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days as
needed to meet business demands
- Experience working collaboratively in a team-based
- Excellent problem solving skills
- SAP, Adobe Acrobrat Writer experience & working knowledge of
PLC, CAD system and Shop Floor integration.
- Knowledge and experience with plant operations, packaging and
- Experience developing and writing procedures with cross
- Ability to proactively lead and coach teams to solve problems,
multi-task, deliver continuous improvement initiatives, establish
sound operating procedures, automatic downtime monitoring and other
- Knowledge and experience with TPM.
French's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, French's does not offer employment visa
sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
Keywords: McCormick, Springfield , Process Engineer, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!