Aircraft Powerplant Repairer (15B)
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you're looking for a career in the aircraft repair and
maintenance field, then join the Army National Guard and watch your
future take flight. Your work will keep Army airplanes and
helicopters in top shape to support training, rescue, humanitarian,
security, or combat missions.
As an Aircraft Powerplant Repairer, you will inspect, service, and
repair turbine engines, parts, and electrical components on Army
aircraft to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly
transport, patrol, and flight training missions.
* Maintain engine assemblies and engine systems
* Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
* Perform limited maintenance operational checks
* Use and maintain common/special tools
* Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
* Engine disassembly, inspection, and repair
* Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
* Working with engine mechanics
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience
to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial
airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the
Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while
earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powerplant Repairer
specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, plus 18 weeks of
Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you'll learn
essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair
abilities in the field and the classroom.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Springfield , Aircraft Powerplant Repairer (15B), Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!