Digital Category Coordinator
Company: O'Reilly Automotive
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Digital Category Coordinator will work to build a
best-in-class online customer experience for our categories and
products, while driving continuous improvement of the user
experience. This team will partner with multiple other departments
including Merchandise, Catalog, Marketing and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with multiple internal teams (Catalog, Merchandise,
etc.) as well as external suppliers. Curate and enhance product
content for display online, to include (but not limited to) product
sort, product titles, images/videos, product descriptions, and
- Serve as the data-driven subject matter expert on traffic,
content, customer behavior, and online merchandising within a
specific set of categories.
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape and stay
up-to-date on digital marketing and merchandising trends for
assigned products and categories.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the overall line review
process with analysis of online sales information (unit sales
trends up/down, dollar sales trend up/down, gross profit dollar
sales trend up/down, dross profit percent trend up/down, sku level
- Present recommendations to the merchandise team to improve the
go-to-market digital strategy and online product curation to impact
all selling channels (retail/professional websites and
- Set and evaluate monthly and annual goals for online category
team members based on past performance in areas of online sales,
organic search rank, click through rate to detail pages, and more.
Report regularly on findings and recommendations to improve
- Use internal and external tools (NPD, APT, Google Analytics,
Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc.) to analyze site metrics, customer
research, and related data to identify opportunities to improve
merchandising and the customer experience across the digital
platforms and various product categories.
- Continue to drive improvements to the digital platforms through
feature, enhancement and content development and execution,
increasing search volume, clicks, conversion rate, and
- Work across departments from Merchandising and Marketing to IT
and Catalog to drive collaboration on a variety of projects to
ensure an omnichannel customer experience across all touch points
focusing on onsite and organic search as well as product content
(organic rank, new product loads, product sort and reporting tools,
planogram changes, supplier changes, etc.).
- Report regularly to stakeholders on key metrics and provide
insights and recommendations for growth and best practices
(supplier/part type scorecard updates, Fusion search metrics,
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on
- Assist with special department projects at the direction of the
Supervisors, Managers, Directors or Vice President.
- Work directly with suppliers and Merchandise team to achieve
online goals while maintaining a high-degree on
- Work with Merchandise, Catalog, etc. to actively manage
inventory issues and catalog flags for visibility online.
Skills and Qualifications
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in
understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large
data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and organizational
- Presents a professional company image and positive
- Comfortable in a cross-functional work environment with an
ability to motivate and influence work.
- Able to navigate through ambiguous and subjective situations,
including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with
high quality standards and doing what is best for the customer.
- Bachelor degree with work experience of 3-4 years in digital
business, merchandising, development, etc. or equivalent.
- Experience with web and sales analytics strongly preferred
(NPD, APT, Google Analytics, Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc.).
- Automotive and automotive retailing knowledge.
- O'Reilly store experience or knowledge.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that
is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members
and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility
varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location
and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click
Keywords: O'Reilly Automotive, Springfield , Digital Category Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!