Imagine for a moment, an environment with no call lights
buzzing, no shower lines, and no multi-patient med passes.
The Hospice Float LPN provides direct patient care under the
supervision of a registered nurse (RN) for the Southern territory,
as needed. Responsibilities include following the plan of care,
providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members
of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
The following statements describe the principal activities of
this position identified and shall not be construed as a
detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this
• Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse
Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life
• Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive
assessment and the plan of care;
• Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services
to reflect the plan of care;
• Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education
and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care;
• Participates in coordination of hospice services,
appropriately reporting the identified needs to the
interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, SW,
ST, Dietician or Clinical Director;
• Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering
to aseptic technique;
• Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates
patient’s response to treatments/medications;
• Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the RN or Clinical
• Covers clients in Southwest Missouri;
• Attends interdisciplinary group (IDG) meetings;
• Represent the Company in a courteous and professional manner
at all times;
• Complies with Compliance Plan;
24 Hour Staff Support
Benefits - Medical, 401k, and Paid time off
Education and Experience Requirements
Possess and maintain a current CPR certification.
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing
program with a current Missouri license.
One (1) year nursing experience required;
Community health, hospice or medical/surgical experience is
Have reliable transportation, provide proof of valid drivers
Provide current auto insurance.