Posted on: May 8, 2020
Responsibilities Prime is looking for a hard-working windshield
repair associate to replace or repair broken windshields and window
glass in tractor trucks by performing the following duties:
- Remove all dirt, foreign matter, and loose glass from damaged
areas, apply primer along windshield or window edges, and allow
primer to dry.
- Install replacement glass in vehicle after old glass has been
removed and all necessary preparations have been made.
- Allow all glass parts installed with urethane ample time to
cure, taking temperature and humidity into account.
- Prime all scratches on pinchwelds with primer and allow primed
scratches to dry.
- Obtain windshields or windows for specific makes and models
from stock and examine them for defects prior to installation.
- Check for and remove moisture or contamination in damaged areas
and keep areas dry until repairs are complete.
- Apply a bead of urethane around the perimeter of each pinchweld
and dress the remaining urethane on the pinchwelds so that it is of
uniform level and thickness.
- Select appropriate tools, safety equipment, and parts,
according to job requirements.
- Remove broken or damaged glass windshields or window glass from
motor vehicles, using hand tools to remove screws from frames
- Install, repair, or replace safety glass and related materials,
such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Install rubber channeling strips around edges of glass or
frames to weatherproof windows or to prevent rattling.
- Hold cut or uneven edges of glass against automated abrasive
belts to shape or smooth edges.
- Cool or warm glass in the event of temperature extremes.
- Install new foam dams on pinchwelds, if required.
- Performs related work as required. Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Any combination of education, training,
and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and
abilities. Knowledge Basic knowledge of the trucking/transportation
industry preferred. Abilities Strong organizational, mechanical,
and customer service skills required. Multitasking and a flexible
schedule required. Some weekend work will be necessary for this
position. Experience, Education, and Training One to three years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Must have strong work history, valid
driver's license and a clean driving record. Physical Requirements
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical
prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc. Candidate must be
able to lift and carry 50lbs, push 200lbs, and pull 30lbs. Steel
toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop. Working
Environment Primarily indoor shop environment with occasional
outside work, weather permitting. Personal Protective Equipment
PRIME will provide protective equipment ("PPE") as necessary to its
associates in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.132(a). PRIME provides
safe working conditions that are fully compliant with all
applicable OSHA workplace regulations as it respects an associate's
exposure to chemical, mechanical, or other potential workplace
hazards or impairing conditions that could compromise the integrity
of the associate's well-being, to include eyes, extremities, face,
head, or respiratory system. PRIME associates must fully adhere to
all PRIME PPE policies at all times. Any PRIME associate, who
refuses to fully abide by these mandatory PPE policies, and related
safety measures, may be subject to the appropriate disciplinary
action, up to and including termination. All required personal
protective equipment will be provided by PRIME to each associate at
no cost to the associate.
Licensing/Certification None required.
Keywords: Prime, Springfield , Windshield Repair, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!