Accounts Receivable Specialist
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more
than a career-It's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today as an Accounts receivable Specialist to positively
impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for generating
accounts receivable revenue, processing claims, following up on
claims, maintaining collection notes, posting deposits, submitting
provider notifications, and balancing all aspects of accounts
receivable. As the Accounts receivable Specialist, you will also
provide backup for accounts payable when AR is involved, which
includes working with hospitals and facilities to ensure accurate
- Reviews and submits Notice of Elections as required for
Medicare, Medicaid, or Private Insurance.
- Notifies DCS of appropriate patient negotiated insurance
- Runs pre-billing reports on assigned programs and pre-billing
claims for review
- Monitors as well as assist the programs as needed with
financial classes and recertification dates.
- Is knowledgeable of appropriate data required on claims and
assures filing of accurate claims according to payer
- Submits appropriate claims corrections or adjustments as
- Assembles required back up and approvals for AR adjustments and
turns them into their Manager.
- Assembles required back up with Executive Director and Regional
Clinical Director approvals for any account balances that will
result in bad debt and submits it to the AR Manager for additional
- Works with Programs, Hospitals, and Long Term Care facilities
as needed to ensure accurate billing and AP information.
- Generates unbilled revenue reports at end of month and confirms
all patients that were not generated are accounted for.
- Works the unbilled revenue report weekly by communicating
missing information to the programs to ensure generation of all
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Insurance Contracts, and
notifies Team Leader or Manager in writing of any problems or
deviation from contract.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and
Private Insurance rules/procedures/and rates for billing.
- Monitors every outstanding claim on the aging report at least
once every two weeks.
- Ensures that any account over 60 days old is being investigated
on a consistent basis and documents every follow up attempt.
- Verifies that every related office has received any necessary
paperwork in a timely manner.
- Monitors requests for ADR's or other information needed to
complete billing/collection process on a daily basis and notifies
- Performs monthly status checks on all current ADR
- Works the RTP claims in Medicare, monitors RA/EOB's, monitors
Medicaid and Private Insurances websites on a daily basis to ensure
that all claims are processing for payment.
- Performs monthly AR reviews and works with Team Leader or
Manager to resolve problem accounts.
- Post Medicare, Medicaid, PIP, or Private Insurance Deposits
daily or weekly as needed.
- Balances EOB/RA's to deposit entry and bank printouts.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of items required for
program or yearly audits as needed.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Possesses familiarity with medical terminology and medical
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in accounting information systems
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical
school preferred; minimum of one year experience in healthcare
billing systems and/or training in data processing on
micro-computer systems and third party billing in a health care
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.
Keywords: Compassus, Springfield , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!