Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: March 19, 2023
A Software Architect guides the technical design and direction
of enterprise-level software solutions. Software architects are
required to have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of
software development, analysis, and design. They posses detailed
expert knowledge of existing software architecture design and
interconnectivity with upstream and downstream systems.Essential
- Works with Software Engineers, Database Analysts and Systems
Architects to design and create, dependable, scalable, and
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing
theoretical design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new
software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Begins to participates in the discussion surrounding the
long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape
coding standards and software development life cycle best
- Takes leadership role in guiding projects through the complete
software development life cycle.
- Responsible (takes ownership) for multiple software
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project
- Leads the development of multiple projects at one time.
- Recommend software improvements and changes to systems, as
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve
complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use
- 10+ years of software development experience in an area
applicable to O'Reilly.
- Complete understanding of the department and or system(s) they
are responsible for, as well as the overall business process of
O'Reilly Auto Parts.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly
change control process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to lead and get results from others.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of complex computer systems (multiple
programs, databases, communications etc).
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems
analysis and design.
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to learn independently.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including
- High School diploma or equivalent.BenefitsAll full time team
members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to
offer convenience and security to our team members and their
families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based
on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...