Remote Full Stack Software Engineer (Front End + Java)
Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: March 18, 2023
A Full Stack Software Engineer at O'Reilly Auto Parts develops
and supports both front-end and back-end applications for internal
systems including Sales, Real Estate and Store Operations. This
position creates functional mocks and develops front-end code in
systems, databases, and third-party packages utilizing tools and
technologies including Java, Spring, Hibernate, and SQL. What
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new applications and
enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to
translate business to technical requirements and solve
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to
troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices,
code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in
highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation
- Debug and test code as needed .
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.Skills and
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the
full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control, testing, build and release
engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end
- Web development skills including Java, HTML, CSS and experience
- Working understanding of databases including writing and
amending queries in PostgreSQL, DB2, or other relational
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration
and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT,
Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of
end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to
interact with vendors as needed.Desired:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home
- Remote, USA - This role can be remote, virtual or
work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
- Additional Locations: Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL,
Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Colorado Springs,
CO, Raleigh, NC, Tampa, FL, Huntsville, AL, Columbus, OH, Durham,
NC, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Springfield, MO, St Louis, MO,
Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Oklahoma City, OK, Minneapolis,
MN About Us:
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our
corporate office, 5,900+ stores, 29 distribution centers and
80,000+ team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium
and large web and software applications in addition to third party
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote,
virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing,
team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members
to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an
individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical
- there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by
providing training for both technical and professional
BenefitsAll full time team members are eligible for a benefits
package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our
team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit
eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours
worked, location and length of service.
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Remote Full Stack Software Engineer (Front End + Java), IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...