Human Resources Generalist
Company: Reinhart Foodservice
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Position Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is primarily
responsible for providing human resources support in areas such as
recruiting, training and development, benefits administration, as
well as administrative functions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
- Serves as a quick-thinker that possesses the ability to
interact with a host of different personalities.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue
resolution and general customer satisfaction.
- Strong work ethic.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Human Resources professional or strategic certification.
- Foodservice/Distribution experience.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Respond to employee requests and questions.
- Maintains employee files, I-9, medical and workers compensation
- Assists with recruiting talent; maintains online application
system, schedules interviews, maintains job files for open and
- Assists with researching, developing and administering training
programs across various departments.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Coordinates employee events and recognition programs.
- Keeps track of open workers compensation claims by maintaining
files, tracking follow-up appointments and communicating updated
- Maintains safety documentation for incidents and
investigations; keeps management informed of follow-up needed.
- May assist in responding to unemployment claims.
- Assists with development, coaching and disciplinary process as
- Self-motivated individual with great initiative and ability to
- Ensures compliance of all federal, state and local employment
laws and regulations.
- Facilitates a positive work environment through existing
employee programs as well as implementation of new programs and
ideas to foster a great working environment.
- Devotes the necessary time on the floor to stay connected to
business processes and the employees.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature
of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules,
order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of
Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job
functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able
to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should
contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any,
reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation
and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Foodservice, Springfield , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!