Transportation Safety & Compliance Trainer
Company: Wilson Logistics Master
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: To instruct, on-board and train current and new
professional drivers on the fundamentals needed to have a
successful career at Wilson Logistics. Position reports to our
Training Manager.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct drivers using classroom and hands on training formats
- Hours of Service (paper logs/ELD's)
- Map Reading
- Qualcomm (Omnitracs)
- Test new drivers on Pre-trip/Backing/Road Skills/Job Hazard
- Perform safety reviews of current drivers, as needed.
- Shuttle trucks, equipment and drivers as needed, primarily in
company provided vehicle.
- Travel to other terminal locations.
- Prepare for training sessions and keep up to date on FMCSA
regulations and industry trends.
- Facilitate driver introductions to other departments.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.BASIC
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two or more years driving and training experience.
- Strong knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
- CDL A is required.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills;
communicate effectively with internal and external customers, both
large and small groups.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to encourage and motivate people with responsible
attitudes toward work. Possess excellent interpersonal skills to
build and maintain solid relationships with professionals at all
- PC and keyboarding skills, experience with Word, Excel and
Power Point. Prefer experience with AS400/TMW.
- Plan and prioritize work properly.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Regular attendance following a designated work.
- Required to be flexible and assist in any additional tasks that
may be assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Sitting continuously for periods
of up to four hours. Required to frequently stand, walk, use hands
and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms.
Frequently (up to 10%) required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and
reach. Frequently lift, move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift
and move up to 75 pounds.Communicate verbally and have faculty of
hearing. Specific vision abilities required are; close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
adjust focus. Read/write/speak English, interpersonal skills,
problem solving, analyzing, evaluating, and shifting of work
priorities.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Varied weather working in hot, cold,
and wet conditions. Willingness to work inside and outside in a
variety of weather conditions. May work on / off hours to
facilitate the needs of the business.HP123
Keywords: Wilson Logistics Master, Springfield , Transportation Safety & Compliance Trainer, Human Resources , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!