Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Project Managers contribute to the company's success by planning,
executing and managing medium to large projects using sound
judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and effective tools and
techniques. Projects typically require both a business and
technology focus, and may deliver new or enhanced capabilities to
multiple functional areas; or, may support a larger
cross-functional program being managed by a senior project manager
or program manager. Essential Job Functions
- Elicit, accurately characterize, and document project goals,
scope, stakeholders, risks, issues, success measures, effort and
- Ensure that all required subprojects and activities are
identified, planned, and managed.
- Create communication plans and deliver project status
- Create and maintain project charters, plans, schedules and
- Proactively manage projects to deliver them in-scope, on-time
- Set an example to the project team of the O'Reilly
- Maintain an objective, fact-based perspective on the project's
status, risk, and issues.
- Encourage the project team to display transparency about
project status and risk, and influence them to proactively
recommend solutions for issues.
- Facilitate and manage project change-control.
- Monitor the project's progression through its lifecycle and
enforce checkpoints and phase gates.Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ Years IT project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and
- Knowledge of software application development concepts and
- Familiarity with different types of SDLC methodologies
including Waterfall and Agile.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and practices
including networking, hardware, and infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation, escalation,
and influencing skills.
- Strong business and organizational acumen and leadership
- Good judgment, appropriateness, and courage.
- Advanced planning abilities, organizational skills, and problem
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical
and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to manage by influence.Desired
- PMP Certification.
- ITIL Certification.
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Project Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!