Associate Product Specialist - Backroom
Company: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The Associate Product Specialist will assist the Backroom
Product Managers in maximizing the performance of all Backroom
lines. This will include involvement in product selection, line
reviews, advertising and marketing, inventory maintenance, returns
analysis, and supplier negotiations. Other duties within this role
include working closely the Backroom Product Managers to set
objectives necessary for continued profitable growth of O'Reilly
Auto Parts.Essential Job Functions
- Perform category analysis (unit sales trends, dollar sales
trends, GP dollar trends, GP% trends, product mix), and present
recommendations to the Product Manager and Director.
- Assist Backroom Product Managers with promotional planning and
- Communicate with stores and/or other departments as needed to
ensure flawless execution of merchandising projects (price changes,
program changes, internal systems updates, product script reviews,
product alerts, etc).
- Interact with all departments affecting the flow of goods
(i.e., Purchasing, Accounting, Store Operations, DC Operations,
Sales, Marketing/Advertising, Inventory Control, Pricing).
- Make recommendations for strategic business plans using
extensive information, from internal reports to supplier
negotiations and discussions to industry publications.Skills and
- B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting,
Finance, or 5+ years of equivalent automotive retail
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and financial performance
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational
- Self-motivated, analytical, and committed to Excellent Customer
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel as a tool for data
- Previous experience in the automotive aftermarket
- Strong automotive knowledge is preferred.
Keywords: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Springfield , Associate Product Specialist - Backroom, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!