Posted on: March 16, 2019
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
- Responsible for administering adult and pediatric diagnostic evaluations and procedures (including but not limited to immittance, OAE, acoustic reflexes, standard comprehensive audiometry, and videonystagmography).
- Develops, implements, directs, and monitors individual treatment programs for rehabilitation, involving patient and family in plan of care.
- Conducts follow-up evaluations, including real ear/aided testing to determine patient progress, making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Performs hearing aid evaluations and dispenses hearing aids and assertive hearing devices. Educate patients and family in care and use of aids/devices.
- Performs in-office repairs on earing aids as well as modifications to ensure proper fit/response.
- Arranges for hearing aid repairs with manufacturers, billing for repairs when appropriate.
- Monitors hearing aid trails to stay within manufacturers' trial period/return for credit criteria.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in the patient's medical record of treatments, assessments and evaluations performed. Sends follow-up reports/recommendations to referring sources.
- Takes earmold impressions for the hearing aid orders, ear defenders and custom ear/swim products and determines adequate fit of these products.
- Assists in scheduling if patients visits for audiology evaluation and treatment.
- Assist in developing/presenting programs and services for the Audiology department including educational programs for co-workers and the community.
- Check integrity of function of new/repaired hearing aids and maintains inventory of hearing aids.
- Maintains audiology equipment daily, keeping equipment clean and in good working condition. Arranges for required annual calibration of audiometric equipment. Troubleshoots equipment problems and arranges for any necessary repairs.
- Performs cochlear implant candidacy evaluations, cochlear implant programming and troubleshooting.
- Makes appropriate recommendations in the selection of audiology equipment based on clinical needs, current technology and departmental budget allowances.
- Maintains supply of all audiology supplies and hearing device accessories.
- Communicates effectively with all clinical and administrative team members both verbally and written.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding departmental operations, clinical fire, safety and infection control.
- Maintains standards of professional Audiology society procedures and ethical behavior.
- Adheres to basic ethical principals associated with government and insurance company reimbursements.
- Wears proper personal protective equipment when appropriate. Observes universal precautions consistently. Wears clothing and Health System badge consistent with dress code, and attends to personal hygiene to maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance. Meets Health System standards. Performs related duties as assigned.
We're all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you'll bring with you:
Education: M.S. or M.A. in Audiology, Doctorate in Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) or Ph.D. in Audiology.
Licensure: Must have, or be eligible for, current Missouri licenses as Audiologist.
Certifications: CCC-A certification from the American Speech Language Association.
Other: Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Must be able to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and policies. Must be able to communicate clearly and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
Equipment Used: Must have the ability to operate equipment for testing and valuating patients. May include: audiometer, tympanometer, otoacoustic emissions equipment, and hearing aid programming equipment and tools.
Preferred Experience: Minimum of one year of Audiology experience. Treatment of pediatric patients. Experience with cochlear implants and programming equipment.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a ""top 100 places to work."" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children’s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Keywords: Mercy, Springfield , Audiologist, Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!