Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner II-Clinic
Posted on: March 16, 2019
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Develops and implements collaborative practice with physician(s) to effectively manage medical and nursing care.
- Performs and documents appropriate physical, mental, functional, and social assessments.
- Initiates appropriate referral for services based on nursing assessment.
- Provides health teaching to patients and care providers.
- Works with physician(s) to complete routine and episodic and consult visits for nursing home residents.
- Serves as patient/family advocate and liaison for clear communication of needs and concerns.Acts as a resource person providing consultation and referrals within the organization and the community.
- Serves as a role model for advanced practice nursing.
- Shares professional expertise in formal and informal situations.
- Acts as a preceptor for students in training for advanced practice roles.Utilizes QI process to monitor care delivery for quality and cost effectiveness.
- Identifies aspects of care and indicators for monitoring QI specific to the impact of advanced nursing practice on health care delivery to older adults.
- Develops and implements appropriate action plans.
- Completes QI reports as requested.Demonstrates willingness to continually update knowledge and skills.
- Completes continuing education offerings appropriate to position needs and national certification requirements.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Attends appropriate inservice offerings.General duties.
- Observes universal precautions consistently.
- Wears proper personal protective equipment when appropriate.
- Wears clothing and Health System badge consistent with dress code, and attends to personal hygiene to maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Meets Health System attendance standards.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
We're all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you'll bring with you:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, certificate or Master's level.
Licensure: Licensed as a Registered professional Nurse in the State of Missouri.
Experience: Must have demonstrated clinical expertise in his/her area; and an ability to excel in communication, human relations, and organizational skills.
Certifications: Certification or pending certification by the American Nurses Association as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner.
Other: Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Requires the individual to be self-motivated and be able to work independently. Physical demands vary according to daily tasks. Requires travel to outlying community and the physical demands associated with clinical nursing.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a ""top 100 places to work."" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children’s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Keywords: Mercy, Springfield , Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner II-Clinic, Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!