Posted on: February 14, 2019
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
* Provides comprehensive obstetric services to healthy women and newborns in the areas of antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Practice demonstrates evidence-based standards of care, and the philosophy and objectives of Mercy.
* Assures risk criteria for Mercy Hospital Springfield and Mercy clinic are followed.
* Demonstrates proper time management skills and priority setting.
* Initiates, updates and maintains plan of care in timely manner to reflect changing needs of patients and families.
* Responds to and directs emergency situations as needed. Assists and directs Medical Assistants and nursing personnel with questions and procedures as needed.
* Documents history and physical, progress notes and treatment in medical record.
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base related to medications and adheres to hospital policies regarding ordering and directing administration.
* Assures all patient charges/credits and professional billing for Mercy Hospital Springfield and Mercy Clinic are entered appropriately.
* Identifies patient education needs and utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs, documenting patient/significant other response to teaching.
* Makes independent decisions in routine and complex situations and informs appropriate persons of actions and results.
* Shares in call responsibilities for Mercy Hospital Springfield and triages patient phone calls.
* Demonstrates flexibility regarding workload, assignments, and charge.
* Establishes a trusting relationship with patients and their significant other. Assures all questions are answered throughly.
* Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with other hospital personnel, both to resolve operational difficulties and to promote an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to the the provision of patient care.
* Attends appropriate departmental and staff meetings, assists with committee work as needed and to provide care.
* Communicates assessment and treatment plan to collaborating physicians and nursing staff as needed.
* Serves as consultant to other health care professionals, community agencies, and consumers regarding nurse midwifery practice and general obstetrical practices.
* Maintains knowledge of related fields of patient care through appropriate educational activities.
* Demonstrates competence in initiating and maintaining use of routine equipment and procedures.
* Demonstrates competence in performing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
* Uses equipment to carry out therapeutic treatments.
* Prescribes medication according to standards.
* Assists in evaluation of new products, equipment, policies, procedures and standards.
* Acknowledges and maintains the right to privacy and confidentiality.
* Adheres to departmental policies related to safety, infection control and bio-hazardous waste.
* Demonstrates appropriate use and sanitation of equipment.
* Provides safe environment for self, patient, and other personnel. (Fall precaution, Restraint Management, Patient ID, Unit/Department Specific Policies).
* Respects patients/guest personal property.
* Adheres to hospital wide and specific department safety regulations (Fire & Tornado, Environmental).
* Performs equipment safety checks.
* Complies with patient rights/regulations.
* Wears proper protective equipment when appropriate.
* Observes universal precautions consistently.
* Wears clothing and Health System badge consistent with dress code, and attends to personal hygiene to maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance.
* Meets Health System attendance standards.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
We're all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you'll bring with you:
Education: Master's degree in Nursing.
Licensure: License to practice as a Certified Nurse Midwife in the State of Missouri.
Experience: License to practice as a Certified Nurse Midwife in the State of Missouri.
Certification/Registration: Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board. CPR, NRP.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
* Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain congenial working relationships with midwives, physicians, nurses, medical students, residents and other hospital personnel, as well as communicate with patients and their families.
* Critical thinking skills to develop treatment plans and manage patient care. Instructional abilities to effectively teach patients, nurses, students, and other healthcare providers.
* Considerable degree of independent judgment to continuously monitor and appropriately respond to changes in patients condition.
* Capacity for calm and reasoned judgement in emergency situations.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply..
Keywords: Mercy, Springfield , Clinical Midwife, Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!