RN/LPN - Memory Care Director
Company: BETHESDA GROUP
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DetailsJob Location362 The Gardens - Springfield, MOPosition
TypeFull TimeEducation LevelDegree in a related fieldJob
CategoryHealth CareThe Memory Care Director / LPN / RN will
maintain a therapeutic environment for Residents with dementia that
supports the Bethesda Senior Living Communities' Mission and
Vision. Nursing degree required for this position.
- Assures that the dignity of all residents is maintained, and
that respect is shown, regardless of the nature of the
- Assures care team adapts the "environment" to the individual
Resident's needs and preferences, which includes everything a
- Assures the care team has the knowledge, skills and attitude
required to care for residents with dementia.
- Provides initial and ongoing training and support to the care
- Provides skills coaching and counseling when employee
performance expectations are not met.
- Assures that structure and consistency is provided to residents
in their daily lives
- Works with care team to design activities that are conducted
throughout the day to provide a sense of usefulness, sense of
pleasure, sense of success, support life roles, and encourage
maintaining function. Assures that the program is implemented by
- Evaluates the program utilizing quality assurance tools and
customer and staff feedback.
- Keeps current with trends and issues related to dementia
- Uses problem solving skills to improve outcomes when
expectations are being met.
- Conducts Resident assessments and develops an accurate,
individualized service plan that is communicated to care team.
- Updates and maintains a care plan that is continually developed
through an ongoing flow of information from the care team about
- Is responsible for leading special activities that require a
higher degree of knowledge, skill and understanding that may
include cognitive activities, creative/expressive activities and
- Maintains budget control by reviewing program costs and keeping
them in line with the established budget.
- Supports and actively participates in the program's census
building initiatives assisting Marketing in planning and support
and in pointing out features and benefits of the program to
prospective residents and their family members.
- Assures excellent customer service by maintaining open and
honest communication and assuring residents, families, physicians
and employees needs are met.
- Provides tours to potential residents and families and promotes
the concept of care of the Memory Care Community.
- Maintains a supportive relationship with Internal and External
customers understanding that at times family members need as much
support as the resident with dementia. Supports employees by
supporting them during stressful times on the job and gives them
praise and recognition for a job well done.
- Promotes and protects Residents' rights and is a Resident
- Involves the care managers in problem solving and facilitates a
pro-active problem solving approach to challenging resident
- Gains support of staff members by practicing good interpersonal
- Leads by example by following the SERVANT model of Bethesda
Senior Living Communities.Managerial Breadth/Scope of Job: Manages
Care Managers, Medication Aides/Techs, and Activities Assistant. Is
responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing
program in the Memory Care Unit following Bethesda Senior Living's
Missions and Values.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulatory systems
for assisted living communities.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with residents, families,
physicians, emergency personnel, and unit staff, internal and
- Compassionate and genuinely cares for people with dementia
- Resident assessments
- Complaint resolution
- Conflict resolution
- Identification of concerns and strengths of the program
- Training and inservices
- Customer Focus
- Relationship management
- Decision making and problem solvingEducation/Experience
- Degree in a related field, such as Nursing, Social Services, or
Therapeutic Recreation preferred.
- Previous leadership experience in a specialized dementia
- Knowledge of and experience with program facilitation and
activity program development.
- Knowledge of and experience with caring for persons with
- Knowledgeable of the disease process, changes associated with a
dementing illness and how they affect an individual's ability to
- Demonstrates skills necessary to work effectively with an
individual with dementia.
- Ability to read and interpret company policy and procedure
manuals, operations manuals and governmental rules and
- Ability to perform budget analysis, review and control.
- Able to identify problems, collect data and use this
information to solve identified problems.
- Certification, licensed, or registrations and certificates as
defined by individual state regulations.Working
Environment/Physical Requirements: Moderate physical activity
required to handle objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to bend,
stoop, reach and handle bulky objects. Must be able to assist in
lifting residents in excess of 100 pounds.
Keywords: BETHESDA GROUP, Springfield , RN/LPN - Memory Care Director, Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!