HR Manager (Healthcare)
Company: Eventful Concepts LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
This is a direct hire role. Full time with benefits.
Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing Human Resources job
duties/areas including staffing, employee relations, worker's
compensation, FMLA, benefits, employee/manager training and
development, and employee compensation. Is a resource person for
the department. Works closely with the HR Supervisor in Arkansas
and provides guidance on related tasks in Arkansas. Ensures
compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality
improvement (CQI) activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Maintains a companywide focus while recommending, and
implementing forms, processes and programs for OCH Health
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of
the MO Human Resources staff and oversees the work activities of
the AR Human Resources staff.
- Monitors and evaluates all areas of Human Resources department.
Develops and implements processes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates performance evaluation process. Provides training
and tools to department managers to enhance meaningfulness of
- Assigns areas and special projects to Human Resources
- Tracks Professional Licenses, required certifications and
credentials for non physician employees and contract staff.
- Ensures that all employees are current and meet their job
description requirements, with a copy of the electronic, mail or
telephonic verification in their files.
- Places employees on administrative suspension and notifies
manager, Administrator and HR Director if employee is
- Utilizes the payroll system (Employee Services) to track this
companywide. Implements double check system to decrease the
likelihood of human error.
- Tracks other items included in the payroll tracking spreadsheet
(e.g., employment authorization cards, Graduate status, etc).
- Takes action as appropriate regarding these items.
- Works with HR Director to propose changes to pay scales and
salaries as needed.
- Analyzes relevent market factors, including compensation issues
and other human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all locations are compliant with employment law
posters and regularly checks for updates.
- In conjunction with the HR Director, assumes the responsibility
for successfully complying with federal, state and local employment
laws and regulations.
- Monitors changes in laws and regulations and makes
Administration aware. Makes changes to policies and procedures as
- Maintains a list of job descriptions for all locations.
- Acts as a backup to the HR Director and helps with job duties
- Completes quarterly FTE reports for CEO and as needed for
- Advises managers on organizational policies and procedures and
state and federal legislation (e.g., FMLA, equal employment
opportunity, sexual harassment, etc.).
- Recommends actions that maximize compliance, consistency, and
- Interacts with department managers on a wide range of staff
- Answers HR related questions and serves as an HR resource
person for OCH employees.
- Coordinates the Human Resources job duties regarding the new
provider process for Missouri and oversees companywide.
- Monitors new provider notifications to ensure that they are
being processed, HR questions are answered, and communication is
going out to the new provider email group according to the
- Seeks legal opinions when confronted with unusual, complex
situations, including complex employee complaints, disciplinary
suspension or termination of employment.
- Processes HR paperwork (e.g. processes status change forms,
I-9s, etc.) and possesses knowledge of various HR forms (e.g.
applications, W-4s, I-9s, status change forms, benefit forms,
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling
employee questions, interpreting and administering policies and
helping to resolve work-related problems. Works to mediate
conflicts between employees and management to resolve
misunderstanding and facilitate communication to promote effective
working relationships. Investigates and resolves employee
complaints and grievances.
- Reviews and recommends to HR Director, legal counsel and
Administration all terminations and disciplinary suspensions before
they are carried out to ensure the facility's policies and
procedures are met with consistency and fairness.
- Involves HR Director, legal counsel and Administration as
- Reviews terminations and written disciplinary actions before
they are carried out to ensure they meet the facility's policies
- Writes and/or edits counseling forms as needed.
- Works with department managers for employment termination and
disciplinary suspension meetings.
- Explains termination information, and answers questions, and
follows up with terminated employees as needed.
- Maintains and audits personnel files to ensure compliance with
accrediting or regulating agencies, state agencies and other
applicable governing agencies.
- Assumes the responsibility for successfully complying with
federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Works with department managers to design, develop, and
facilitate effective training programs for hospital staff.
- Cross-trained in all functions of the Human Resources
Department and can substitute for peers during short or long term
absences or vacations.
- Ensures that in his/her absence, his/her backup has been
trained and has access to needed information to perform job
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department, with other departments and OCH Health System
- Team oriented. Works on special projects with Human Resources
and Administration as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. Masters
- At least one (1) year experience in Human Resources or related
field. May be waived with compensatory education.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local legislation
relating to Human Resources, (e.g., Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, ADEA, FLSA,
Keywords: Eventful Concepts LLC, Springfield , HR Manager (Healthcare), Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!