Hospice CNA Springfield
Company: Integrity Home Care
Posted on: May 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of
the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a
registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as
necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote
comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient,
reporting these observations and documenting observations and care
performed. The hospice aide will be assigned in a manner that
promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.DUTIES
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's
assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to
perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager
- Providing patient and family with positive communication
techniques, within realm of ethical and respectful care, including
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and
properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene,
shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to
prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Assessing and reporting on patient's condition and significant
changes to the Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other
individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the
hospice nurse or therapist.
- Provide normal range of motion and transfers/positioning as
- Assistance with self-administered medications as allowed by
state regulations, such as reminders.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing
assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site,
- Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as
- Adhering to the organization's documentation and care
procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement
teams and activities.
- Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and
patient's personal needs.
- Represents the Company in a professional and courteous manner
at all times.
- Complies with Compliance Plan.
- Complies with HIPAA Policies. Maintains confidentiality of
information relating to the patient and family. Will discuss only
those aspects necessary to the care and treatment of patient and
family with those directly involved in the patients care.
- As business needs may change, may perform additional
responsibilities assigned by supervisor that are reasonably related
to the position.MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTSEducation/Licensure:
- Possess an active Missouri Certified Nursing Assistant (C.NA.)
- Completed a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and supervised
practical training. Sixteen hours of classroom training must be
completed prior to a mandatory 16 hours of practical training;
- Must possess and maintain a current CPR
certificationExperience:Must be 18 years of age or older. Meets the
training requirements of the state.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
ABILITIESAbility to read and follow written instructions and
document care given. Demonstrates understanding of hospice
philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the
terminally ill. Is able to self-direct with the ability to work
with little direct supervision. Secure with issues of death and
dying. Provides a calm demeanor with in a patient's home. Must
display empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the
impaired.Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Ability to communicate
both verbally and written.Must be willing to travel as needed, and
be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Company requirements.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITIONPhysical Demands:
- Frequent Sitting
- Frequent Standing/Walking
- Frequent Reaching with Arms and Hands
- Constant Keyboarding and Fine Manipulation
- Frequent Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional Pushing/Pulling up to 50 pounds
- Occasional Reaching Above Shoulder Level
- Constant Close Vision and Manual Dexterity
- Constant verbal communication
- Frequent driving of motor vehicleWork Environment:Employee will
be working in and out of the home environment of the patient.
Possible exposure to infectious diseases. Must be able to get in
and out of an automobile multiple times during work
Keywords: Integrity Home Care, Springfield , Hospice CNA Springfield, Healthcare , Lebanon, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!