QA Laboratory Technician II - Springfield, MO
Company: McCormick & Company
Posted on: August 27, 2020
The French's Food Company, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company,
Inc. and a global leader in flavor is seeking a full-time Quality
Lab Technician II (3rd Shift) for the plant located in Springfield,
MO. This person will report to the Quality Team Manager.
With more than $500 million in annual sales, our company has been
crafting trusted foods using simple ingredients of the highest
quality. From French's Classic Yellow Mustard, long America's
top-selling mustard, to its most recent innovations, such as
French's Ketchup, the company has a history rich with delicious
creations made from what today would be considered "clean, simple
ingredients." To learn more please visit us at www.frenchs.com.
The Laboratory Technician will be part of a team that largely
manages its own work (self-directed) and will work in a High
Performance work system. Teams are responsible for keeping
production flowing, meeting performance goals, maintaining a
clean/safe work environment, and maintaining a high level of
quality and service to their customers. The Lab Technician will
rotate between Extract and Blending laboratories. Responsibilities
- Using a variety of test methods, procedures, and
instrumentation (i.e. GC, Salt Titration, pH, Solids, Extractions,
UV Vis, spectrophotometer, etc.)
- Examining and testing samples and accurately records results on
paper, log books and in the computer.
- Interpreting data and for giving direction to the manufacturing
group to ensure products meet established specifications.
- Performing initial trouble shooting activities for operational
issues (i.e. foreign material findings, supplier issues, salt
issues, etc.) Issues (Defective Material Report) DMRs for materials
that are out of specification.
- Issuing (Defective Material Alert) DMAs for materials when
- Performing testing according to the environmental monitoring
- Providing troubleshooting support to the production departments
by investigating issues that adversely affect product quality or
manufacturing efficiency and recommending potential solutions.
- Communicating problems and test results to the appropriate
- Partnering with the operations teams to prevent production
- Involvement in cross-functional
Production/Maintenance/Materials Management team meetings.
- Participating in weekly problem solving events or optimization
- Providing (Manufacturing Analysis Costing) MAC support as
directed by Team Manager/QA Crew Leader/MAC Coordinator.
- Ability to work overtime on a short notice and weekend work is
Ability to be flexible with shift and work day assignments to
support business need requirements
- Acceptable attendance required.
- Meets standards in overall performance rating in most recent
- College chemistry coursework
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance
of a Gas Chromatography (GC), salt titration, and microbiological
- Strong understanding and practice of Good Laboratory
- Proficiency in reading, writing and math required. Ability to
read and interpret detailed instructions
- Ability to perform problem solving activities and provide
direction to operations.
- Ability to make good decisions on a variety of complex
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining multiple
priorities; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle daily work situations with tact and
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Accurate, detailed record keeping
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Color Vision (ability to detect color) required. This is due to
the need to compare color differences in product on a daily
- Ability to perform taste sensory analysis on a variety of
products that contain allergens
- Two years of previous Analytical Lab experience preferred.
Academic laboratory work will be considered.
- SAP experience.
French's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
French's does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or
in the future. You must be lawfully authorized to commence work
upon being offered employment.
Keywords: McCormick & Company, Springfield , QA Laboratory Technician II - Springfield, MO, Healthcare , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!