Patient Care Manager I - Cox South Emergency Department
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Enjoy outstanding benefits while working in a state-of-the-art facility and providing the best nursing care around. Our team provides all the training you need to excel. Click to learn more.
Our ED is a:
* Level 1 Trauma Center
* Comprehensive Stroke Center
* Level 1 STEMI Center
We treat patients across the entire age span and a wide range of complaints. Our target for nurse-to-patient ratio is 3:1 as we work very closely, and collaboratively with our physician group. We have a dedicated ED education team, made up of ED nurses, to help hone your skills to a fine point. If you are looking for fantastic teamwork in a setting where you will be supported and can thrive, this is the place for you.
Our nurses provide professional nursing care during the initial phase of acute illness or trauma to quickly assess the needs of our patients, initiate treatment, and either discharge or admit them. The ED nurse triages and determines priority of care based on acuity, physical, psychological and social needs as well as factors influencing patient flow through the emergency care system.
An employee with responsibility/accountability for leading and managing a department or program, defining the mission, goals, budget, and performance standards for the area to produce a desired outcome.
Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Preferred: At least five years of clinical experience, one year of charge nurse experience, and one year experience in the area of specialization
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
Exhibits valuable time management skills
Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
Required: MO RN license AND BLS must be obtained within 90 days and maintained throughout employment AND Must obtain PALS and ACLS within one year of hire
Job Benefits & Perks!
* Candidates may be eligible for a sign on bonus*
* Up to 80 hours of Earned Time Off (ETO) available for qualified candidates
* Relocation bonus available for qualified candidates
* Loan forgiveness available for qualified candidates
* RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $12,500
* $1.00 BSN pay
* $1.00 certification pay
* Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
* Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
* Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
* Shared Governance Council
* Retirement with employer match
* Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
* Employee Discount at CoxHealth Fitness Centers
* Pharmacy delivery to your unit
* On-site Employee Health services
* Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
* 1906 Employee Store
* 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
* Cafeteria discount
If you would like more information about job benefits & perks, please feel free to email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.coxhealth.com/employees/benefits/
Keywords: CoxHealth, Springfield , Patient Care Manager I - Cox South Emergency Department, Executive , Springfield, Missouri
here to apply!