Recreational Services and Outreach Director
Company: Echoing Hills Village
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Recreational Services and Outreach Director-- Description
POSITION SUMMARY:The Recreational Services and Outreach Director
will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining
recreational services and all community outreach activities related
to Echoing Hills Village, Inc. Ministry wide. With a goal to
increase agency recreational services capacity and visibility
within the community, this position also ensures a strong outreach
program that incorporates the Ministry's cultural values as defined
in The Echoing Way framework and that effectively portray the
mission and impact of the Ministry in order to achieve the
strategic goals of the organization.Work performed will be in a
variety of internal and external places and in indoor and outdoor
environments. Hours are generally during the day but will include
some nights, weekends and holidays. Occasional long hours may be
necessary. This position will be required to travel offsite on a
frequent basis locally and statewide or nationally for meetings,
seminars and events on an occasional basis. Position could require
overnight stays.KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES ARE:
- Leads the strategic and innovative initiatives for recreational
services including but not limited to Camp programs and services to
better meet the needs of people with Intellectual/Developmental
Disabilities (I/DD) in Ohio.
- Represents the Ministry through initiatives that increase
company recreational services capacity and visibility within the
regions throughout Ohio.
- Leads the recruitment efforts for donors and volunteers, with
particular focus on Camp Echoing Hills, in order to maintain
sustainability and volunteer involvement to meet capacity.
- Provides leadership and direct supervision of the Recreational
Services Administrator including the Camping Programs and
Operations. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Responsible for
maintaining all outreach and volunteer development activities,
fulfilling the mission, purpose and core values of the Ministry.
This includes an outreach program that promotes our purpose of
creating opportunities for individuals with disabilities to know
and experience Jesus Christ, engaging in and contributing to the
innovation and life-enhancing experiences of the individuals served
and serving all individuals served, employees and customers in a
dignified, respectful way that demonstrates the teachings of Jesus
Christ. Also includes promoting publically the Ministry through
speaking engagements, meetings and individual opportunities
whenever and wherever possible.
- Works with the Director of Community Relations and Development,
Corporate executive leadership, and the Recreational Services
Administrator to assess existing recreational programs as well as
identify opportunities for increased capacity, outreach and
volunteer development for programming.
- Oversees all recreational service programs to ensure quality
measures are met and new innovative opportunities are identified
- Encompasses Ministry and Cultural Values in all programs,
outreach and volunteer development interactions in line with the
mission, purpose and beliefs of Echoing Hills.
- Creates and maintains a strategic plan of outreach activities,
including community events, workshops, appearances, and other
- Prepares, monitors and maintains the annual budget for
recreational services and community outreach activities.
- Nurtures new and old relationships with collaborative community
partners - churches, civic clubs, county boards, K-12 schools,
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports on the
goals of the fundraising plan in alignment with goals set in the
Integrated Marketing and Communications Plan for recreational
- Assists in the organization of special community events on the
Central Ohio Campus including, but not limited to donor/volunteer
appreciation and other fundraising initiatives.
- Assesses and monitors a record-keeping system which includes
services delivered and actual time involved.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities and
maintains required credentials and core competencies.
- Serves on special ad-hoc committees, representing the Ministry
at local or statewide events or meetings and assisting with
operations in emergency situations by assisting individuals and
staff, or performing other duties as necessary. Position
Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Services, Recreational Program,
Camping, Business Administration, or related from an accredited
college required or ministry-related field work.Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in nonprofit
recreational programming, outreach, volunteer development and/or
- Prior experience in the field of Intellectual/Developmental
Disabilities, healthcare, non-profit preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, insurable driver's record
according to the Echoing Hills' insurance carriers, and have
reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, community
meetings, training events, vendors and suppliers, etc.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to consistently present a high energy and enthusiastic
presence in the community.
- Ability to organize and execute assignments including
assignments involving collaboration and other participants on
schedule and in line with expectations of high quality.
- Well-organized, committed, accurate and thorough with
meticulous attention to detail as there are multiple projects with
a magnitude of variance.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals including
Corporate and Camp Staff, team members, and the general public
including regulators and community representatives.
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to maintain
harmonious relationships with staff.
- Socially and emotionally mature with the ability to
professionally approach others in a tactful manner and treat others
with respect regardless of their position.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and manage budgets.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and public
presentation communication skills.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication
- Ability to deliver strong and consistent customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency of computer-based equipment and
programs such as Microsoft -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite
(Google applications) and smart phone. Computer skills to include
word-processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image at all
times including in a team environment.
- Must possess organization skills with strong attention to
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain communications records in an organized,
- Ability to handle multiple functions at a time, work in
stressful situations, meet established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate the Ministry's mission and purpose on a
one on one basis and in front of groups whether individuals served,
co-workers or the public.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Christian principals,
ethics & morals and a faith in Jesus Christ. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full-Time Shift Days Location Camp Echoing Hills EOE Statement
Echoing Hills Village, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against employees or otherwise qualified
applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry,
age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, physical
or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local law. This position is currently accepting
applications. Recreational Services Administrator in Warsaw, OH
Posted on: 3/15/2021
Other Jobs Within 60 Miles Maintenance Assistant in Canal Fulton,
Posted on: 3/25/2021
Maintenance Assistant in Warsaw, OH
Posted on: 3/10/2021
Maintenance Assistant in Warsaw, OH
Posted on: 12/3/2020
Recreational Services Administrator in Warsaw, OH
Posted on: 3/15/2021
Licensed Practical Nurse in Canal Fulton, OH
Posted on: 3/2/2021
Keywords: Echoing Hills Village, Springfield , Recreational Services and Outreach Director, Executive , Warsaw, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!